We are looking for a server side engineer to join our Zeptoteam!
As a part of the server team you will design and implement scalable backend components for our upcoming games, as well as ensure the proper function and maintenance of existing game backends.
If you have experience of developing live systems, and you understand what it means to support a system with large user volumes, in addition to being interested and excited about working in these areas - this might be a great opportunity for you!
Day to day:
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of highly-scalable and available game backend components
- Contribute to best-practices on reliability and availability
- Work as part of a team improving development process and communication
- Good Java programming skills – minimum of 3 years experience with server-side Java, concurrency handling, and distributed systems
- Solid experience with Linux shell and scripting languages
- Familiarity with concurrent, event-driven systems
- Ability to think clearly under pressure. We aim for minimal downtime in our games, and you are expected to be able to respond to and troubleshoot a wide range of issues in a production environment.
- Strong self-organization skills. Being passionate and committed to tasks, and in general an autonomous person with high levels of initiative and energy
Nice to have:
- Enthusiasm towards games in general
- Familiarity with Kotlin or other JVM-based languages (Scala, Groovy)
- Knowledge of network protocols and non-blocking IO
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases, Cassandra and Redis in particular would be a plus
- Understanding challenges and caveats of large-scaled distributed systems
Why join us:
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty;
- Our office is cozy and beautiful, you'll have a comfortable working place.
- And at last – we'll offer you an attractive compensation package (from wages to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, transportation, fitness and a lot of additional services)
Since then, Cut the Rope games have been downloaded more than 1,3 billion times. Cut the Rope franchise aside, ZeptoLab released C.A.T.S. Crash Arena Turbo Stars and King of Thieves, massive multiplayer mobile titles with more than 170 million combined downloads so far. The company’s portfolio also includes Pudding Monsters and My Om Nom.
And there’s more to come! ZeptoLab is an ambitious and growing global entertainment brand: we’re constantly working on new games and aim to expand them beyond smartphone screens. With the help of our partners, we develop toys, clothes and other cool stuff. “Om Nom Stories” cartoon series has exceeded 3 billion views on YouTube and in-game player, and the seasons keep coming! Our mission is to bring fun to every corner of the world, and we’re just getting started.