eDreams ODIGEO (www.edreamsodigeo.com) is the largest online distributor of flights in the world (measured in terms of sales), and one of Europe’s largest e-commerce businesses. Under its five brands (eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink and liligo), it offers the best deals on regularly-scheduled flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rentals, vacation packages, travel insurance and stays of varying length to more than 16 million customers all over the world. Present in forty-four countries, the company employs more than 1,700 professionals and is now looking for a talented Back-End Java Developer to join our Engineering Team based in Barcelona or Madrid, Spain, reporting to the IT Team Lead.
As Back End JAVA Developer you will be responsible for developing features for our in-house platform which support all ODIGEO brands. Ideal candidate is passionate about the IT development for high performance applications, analytic mind and willing to make JAVA analysis, user-oriented, likes challenges and learning about new technologies. You will add value to our development team so a strong level of knowledge in this area, an enthusiasm to learn and share information is essential.
What about your role?
As Back-End JAVA developer you will:
- Design and development new features using the best practices and the last technology in IT to support new functionalities and releases;
- Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis;
- Secure the performance, reliability, scalability and security.
And what about the JAVA team?
- We are building a JAVA passionate team focused on high performance application;
- We value hunger for learning, ambition and sharing;
- We build complex applications using the new best methods and technologies. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovation;
- You will work in an informal atmosphere with a young team but highly qualified.
How do we work ?
We have the chance to work with amazing Agile Coaches and Product Owner helping Technical Team to follow the best practices of Agile Methodologies.
We work hard, live and breathe Java and always think out of the box to create new exciting features!
For a better idea about our culture, check out the brief video of our last Hackathon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvI30rEotI
Why should you work with us?
- We are one of the top OTA’s worldwide;
- We serve more than 14 million customers with our brands eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Liligo and Travelink;
- We work in more than 40 countries;
- We have over people from 90 different nationalities working in our company.
So, are you the right fit?
YES, if your skills are:
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (IT engineer);
- +2 years’ experience in complex technology environments;
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language/coding;
- Solid know-how in Java Enterprise Edition 6 & 7 : servlets, JSP, JSF 1.2, EJB 3.0, JPA
- Good Technical English Level;
- Dynamic, proactive, passionate by JAVA, willing to evolve in a fast paced environment;
- Good communication skills.
- Web Development for platforms with high load and concurrency;
- Unit test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG) experience;
- Oracle PL/SQL;
- Versions Control (Mercurial with Bitbucket);
- Analysis documentation and Design in UML ;
- Gathering and formalizing requirements;
- Experience using JBOSS applications servers;
- Amadeus XML API;
- Java SUN Certifications;
- Experience within the tourism sector is highly valuable, in particular with GDSs integration: Amadeus, Galileo, or in Hotels or Finance Booking systems.
Then, we’d love to hear from you!