Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Back End Software Engineer- Web Services will join Devo's Web team that sustains and enhances our web platform's processes such as user accounts, permissions and functionalities. The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of Java programming and experience working with design patterns and complex data structures.
- Develop new features for the web application and related services, and adapt existing ones to modern standards.
- Being involved with the entire development life cycle: from concept to release.
- Support other teams with service integration and usage.
- 5+ years of software development experience with Java.
- Confidence to work with a large codebase, along with other teams.
- Good experience dealing with things like concurrency, performance and transactionality.
- Ready to learn new things, or share expertise.
- Basic experience working on Unix/Linux environments.
- Comfortable working with design patterns and complex data structures.
- Basic MySQL usage and relational database concepts.
- Knowledge on Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Experience working with and implementing libraries and APIs (REST, Microservices, etc).
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid