At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Electronic Arts, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
As a Backend Engineer, you will be taking care of server-side logic, defining and maintaining databases, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end, and working closely with our DevOps to scale our infrastructure and our services within our platform to the rest of the world.
What you'll do
- Integrating user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed, scalability and stability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Create Integration and Unit Tests for the services
- Building reusable code and libraries
- Consistently implement new technologies, trends, and best practices
- Constantly communicating and collaborating with the rest of the development team to design new functionalities
What you'll need
- Knowledge in NodeJS framework, Docker containers, GIT version control and good software architecture patterns (MVC, MVVM…)
- Ability to write clean, readable and reusable code, debug errors and be aware of potential security risks
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the projects you work on
- A true passion for Voicemod mission, our products, and the company's technology and content nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
- Professional English level (Upper B2 - C1+)
- (Bonus) Knowledge in languages like Rust or Go
- (Bonus) Knowledge in DDD and Clean Architecture
- (Bonus) Good knowledge of MongoDB
- (Bonus) Experience building data monitoring and analysis tools
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 26 vacation days (23 + 24th & 31st of December and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March)
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package (salary may vary depending on location)
- Remote stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
👥 Putting people first
💪 Being brave
🗽 Showing ownership & accountability
🤝 Being honest & transparent
🎨 Being creative and having fun
🌟 Mastering our craft