Glovo is a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Western Asia, and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in +500 cities worldwide.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The eCommerce Integrations team is responsible for building robust and scalable solutions that help our Partners to integrate with our Last Mile delivery service, helping them create on demand high volumes of parcels through various integrations, and to stay up to date with the real time parcel tracking information.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Help design, implement, test and deliver systems and tools which will enable global scalability
- Proactivily identify areas of improvement and scalability issues before they become a problem and help devise and implement solutions within the eCommerce Integrations team scope
- Work in Agile team, actively helping us to improve our processes, and to work closer and better together
- Work as a team to scope new features and product requirements into estimated deliverable stories
- Contribute towards our system reliability and high availability by actively contributing to and improving our observability of different services and components.
- Promote engineering best practices within the team, and help mentor and coach fellow engineers.
- Help represent eCommerce Integrations team in the Logistics Cluster
- Strong background and experience in designing and delivering complex scalable projects spanning multiple domains/platforms using Java (and Kotlin)
- Extensive knowledge of software architecture and best practices (distributed systems, async programming and event-driven architectures)
- Proven experience of building and supporting microservice architecture, from idea to deployment and scalability
- Experience designing, building and scaling APIs and webhooks (as well as integrating with 3rd party APIs)
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
- Hands on experience with Kinesis and/or SQS
- Experience with AWS Platform or other cloud computing platforms.
- A well demonstrated test-driven mindset, and strong experience with observability, monitoring and alerts
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Previously worked in an Agile collaborative environment, valuing team success over your own
- Good level of English
Experience our Glovo Benefits:
Enticing Phantom Shares plan
Attractive Relocation package
Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
Discounted Gym memberships
Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of 2020, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.