Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Senior Software Engineer will join Devo's Core Engine team that plays an essential role in the way in which our system analyzes massive amounts. The Core Engine team is actively engaged in improving our tool's data collection and query optimization capacities. The ideal candidate will have experience programming with languages like; Java, Node.js, Kotlin or Scala. They will also count on a solid knowledge of algorithms.
- Develop new features and maintain the Devo engines (data storage, retrieval and analysis).
- Participate in all the development phases: testing, integration...
Qualifications and experience
- 5 years of software development experience.
- Experience developing software other than web or accounting software (gaming, engineering, drivers, compilers...)
- Experience working on Unix/Linux environments
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to solve maths and algorithms problems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field of study.
- Enjoy learning and problem solving.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.