PromoFarma.com is the leading ecommerce marketplace selling health, beauty and personal care products, direct to consumers, from hundreds of independent pharmacies and other health stores in Spain and now expanding the service through several European countries. PromoFarma.com is part of Zur Rose Group, European leader in online sales of pharmacy products, with more than 1,000 Million Euros in sales and 5 Million active customers in Europe. With an innovative business model, PromoFarma.com do not manage stock neither warehouses, it integrates the catalogue of products, pricing and stock levels of the most important and trusted off-line pharmacies in a single website, achieving 24h delivery service for more than 150.000 products and 5.000 brands from more than 1.000 pharmacies and health stores. PromoFarma.com business model and service have received several awards like the prize for Best Webshop in Spain as well as the Best Mobile App from the E-Commerce Awards.
Descripción de la oferta
We pair, encourage test driven development, collaborate, and enjoy healthy debate here and are looking for a Backend Engineer. A thirst for knowledge and passion for solving problems is what drives the team. Training and education is a big part of who we are, not only as a company, but also as a mindset. We keep up to date in our field via continuing education, conferences, etc.
We are seeking an innovative and engaged Backend Engineer with PHP who is motivated, creative, and fun to assist in developing our custom Symfony web applications.
You main missions will be
- Minor and major application feature development
- Assist stakeholders in developing feature specifications
- Plan, code, test, and deploy new features/applications/projects/modules.
- Troubleshoot application bugs and determine resolutions
- Optimize and refactor existing code to improve performance and reliability .
- Suggest improvements, security needs, best practices, etc (your voice will be heard).
What we offer
- Long term contract.
- Full time position, free Friday afternoons, flexible schedules.
- At this moment all the team is working 100% remotely due to the COVID situation in Barcelona. Even that, we are a remotely friendly company.
- Competitive salary depending on seniority.
- Ticket Restaurant 9€/day worked.
- Social benefits package. You can dedicate a part of your brut salary to private Health Insurance (Sanitas), transport or nursery.
- Internal and external training with a budget of 1.000€/year per person. It will allow you to build your career path and more possibilities to grow within the company.
Company-provided MacBook Pro and all the needed equiptment to work at home and office.
Excellent working environment, you will be part of a motivated and professional team.
- Monthly company meeting as part of a sharing and transparent culture, afterworks, team buildings and more!
- Our office is based in the heart of Barcelona: Diagonal/Aribau. We have a flexible working space with coffee, tea, fresh fruit and cereals.
- 2+ years experience with PHP and modern Backend Framework: Symfony, Zend, etc.
- Knowledge of other Backend technologies as NodeJS. Go or Python will be a plus.
- Experience working in production environments with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Passionate for new technologies, clean code and good development practices.
- Having worked with microservices would be highly valued
- Strong agile culture and used to plannificate with Scrum methodologies.
- A communication pro – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly.
- Comfortable with writing, editing, and maintaining Unit/Feature tests
- Highly attentive to details.
- There is direct project oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving)
- Easygoing, fun, and a team player – must be able to comprehend highly-advanced forms of sarcasm.
- Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful.
Although not required, the ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- An active github account with open source contributions.
- We prefer a great/interested/excited programmer with less experience to an unmotivated or unengaged programmer with tons of experience.