Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient, and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people and building something impacting? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the knowledge and the best processes to get things done.
At Amenitiz, we are customer-centric, you will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect, and implement our product. Our mission at Amenitiz is to support the digital transformation of Hospitality through a reliable SaaS solution offering a unique experience to its users.
The whole Amenitiz team is based in Barcelona (our offices are in the heart of the city, near Plaza Cataluña); the Tech team counts 4 people, with a goal to grow to 12 people within the next 6 months.
As Mid Backend Developer, this position involves:
- Product development in Ruby/Rails of a hospitality-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our platform to 3rd party APIs.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to scalability (We are serving hundreds of thousands unique visitors per month through our CMS).
- Discuss, question, challenge, and offer technical solutions to product needs alongside the Product and Design Teams.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs and propose solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years+ experience in web development.
- 2 years+ experience in Ruby.
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- Proven knowledge of OOP, databases, development, and test methodologies.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive, driven, entrepreneurial with a 'can do’ attitude.
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres and Redis
- A competitive salary and access to our employee stock option plan (depending on your profile).
- An amazing working environment, where you will be able to make a true contribution and get your voice heard.
- The opportunity to have a huge impact on developing a fast-growing business that is at a pivotal point in its growth to expand internationally.
- The team is growing fast and we offer plenty of career and development opportunities.
- Flexibility to work from home 2 days a week.
- Applicant validation, how well will you match with the job and your team is important to us at this stage, we don’t want to waste your time!
- Online interview with the person who will be your manager.
- Follow-up interview with at least one of the three founders.
We’re passionate and ambitious about our mission and aim to promote a culture that cares deeply about its customers.
In spite of the current global pandemic, we’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation, our team continues to rise stronger and that’s where you come in!