It’s a team effort
If you want to be part of an engineering team working on an innovative product that cares about each other and our code base, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
You will be expected to work on the backend design and coding of our API’s and support the cloud infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS), deployment pipelines, etc.
- DevOps lead maintaining and improving the cloud infrastructure (AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Azure Cloud). Improve our containerization using docker and docker-compose. Kubernetes will be also used.
- Participate on the back-end development for our existing BotXO web app and connect our bots to AI engines and train them using different machine learning techniques.
- REST API development.
- Being part of our engineering team that performs thorough code reviews and frequent deploys that are well tested. GitLab and Azure DevOps continuous deployment tools.
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration with your fellow engineers and other cross functional partners.
- Open to mentoring, pairing, and teaching other junior engineers on the team in addition to learning from more senior engineers.
- Help improve our engineering processes and culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience building web applications and services, preferably in the consumer space.
- Experience working with cloud solutions like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. Azure Cloud preferred.
- Knowledge of automated deployment scripting (Docker and Docker-compose) or cloud infrastructure using kubernetes.
- Strong development Python skills with knowledge of Python based MVC frameworks, Django preferred
- Tester mindset (Python unit testing integration with Sentry).
- NGINX, Gunicorn, Linux.
- XML, JSON.
- DB: PosgreSQL, CosmoDB and REDIS.
- Proven experience with microservices development.
- Knowledge of Aiohttp, Django, Django REST framework .
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of modern front-end build pipelines and tools. We currently use GitLab and Azure DevOps.
- Proven experience in machine learning projects will be of value:
- Knowledge of some of the following Machine Learning techniques: Logistic and Linear Regressions, Classifiers, Principal Component Analysis, Random Forests, Clustering, Recommender Systems, (deep) Neural Networks
- Algorithm design: Dynamic Programming, Optimization, Distributed Algorithms