Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying 142m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 450 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 14,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 34-year safety record.
Talented and passionate about technology? Looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you! Ryanair Labs Madrid is a new digital hub in Madrid, providing services for Ryanair. We are looking for the very best IT talent to join our growing development team to transform the digital experience of our customers and advance our internal systems.
We are looking for talented Back-end developers to join our new digital development team. In this role, you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our applications, website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Java Developer will include:
- The candidate will possess a keen interest and be up to date with the latest technologies and developments in the software industry.
- The candidate will demonstrate a desire to learn and work with cutting edge technologies and solutions within a high performing team.
- An ability to write end to end solutions for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of and practical experience with Java/JVM languages web application development and related application frameworks (e.g Spring, Scala, Akka).
- The candidate should have a keen interest in building distributed systems based on cloud services (e.g AWS, Azure).A good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to and knowledge of software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Hands-on experience of unit and integration testing.
- Experience of working in an Agile or another rapid development environment
- Delivering best-in-class high-volume applications, web services and complex solutions.
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software.
Desired skills and experience
- Proficient in Java or other JVM languages (e.g Scala, Kotlin)
- Experience in designing scalable distributed systems
- Practical knowledge of web application frameworks (e.g Spring, Akka)
- Exposure to serverless architecture
- Experience with microservices architecture and RESTful services
- Good knowledge of development tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Git)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Practical knowledge of reactive programming, cloud services (AWS) will be a plus (optional)
- Advanced English level
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced commercial environment
Our technology stack:
Java, Scala, Go, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring projects, Akka, Akka Streams, AWS, AWS services (f.e. DynamoDB, EC2, Lambda, ElasticSearch, RDS, SQS), Couchbase, MySQL, Spark, Redis, Ansible, Docker