We are currently seeking a Backend Developer to join our RatedPower team working in Madrid or remote. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions. Be a part of the energy transition and join our growing team, creating intelligent connections across the energy value chain with a strategic focus on growing our offerings in Power & Renewables.
The candidate will be responsible for
- Develop new functionalities using the SpringBoot framework & relational databases.
- Manage and improve CI procedures.
- Administrate and maintain cloud infrastructure with guidance from our engineers.
- Collaborate with product, frontend, and cybersecurity teams, to frame and tackle the challenges, both from technical and business context.
- Experience working with Java, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product or infrastructure improvements.
- Proactiveness, team-work and fast learning.
- Experience of software development.
- Use of version control.
- Continuous integration and issue tracking tools such JIRA.
What we offer
- Work on a unique product where you can see the result of your work materialize in every new release.
- Face new and amazing challenges leveraging the newest technologies: we work with SpringBoot, GraphQL, Java 11 (Java 17 coming soon!), MySQL 8.0, AWS, automated testing, etc.
- You choose: position fully remote (based in Spain) or hybrid working model (able to combine working from home and from our office in Madrid city center).
- Great teamwork working side by side with an incredibly talented workforce willing to share its knowledge and expertise.
- Career development according to your aspirations and interests. We support our employees with continuous training. You'll get to work together with your manager on definig your career path (focused on technology, team management, and many other possibilities).
- Opportunity to develop yourself and to be part of a fast-growing startup. You'll have a direct impact on our way of working and decisions made in the business.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Work-life balance and Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. We work with humans. Happy humans.
- Your work will be meaningful and have a direct impact on the planet. Together we shape the future of renewables.
At RatedPower we are on a mission to accelerate the energy transition by increasing the global solar energy capacity through disrupting and user-friendly cloud-based solutions. We have created pvDesign, a cloud-based software that automates and optimizes the analysis, design, and engineering of photovoltaic plants in all its stages. Only in 2020, our clients have been able to execute an extra 147 projects that they would have been able without pvDesign, totalising 8.82GW installed/year. It’s the equivalent to the electricity consumption of 4.5 million households worldwide. This leads to an annual reduction of 6 million tons of CO2 and an annual decrease of 9 million oil barrels.
By merging technology and engineering, we aim to strengthen the renewable energy industry, bringing cost reduction and maximizing the efficiency of solar plant deployment. Our ultimate goal? To accelerate the energy transition by contributing to the proliferation of solar energy worldwide.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to RatedPower regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, age, orientation or ability.