What does your job entail?
To continue our growth we are looking for a back-end developer who is ready to take responsibility, knows about security and encryption and loves to work with Scala in a (Debian based) Linux environment.
How we roll:
* You get lots of freedom to initiate solutions and work together with the other 13 developers in weekly sprints.
* Software development is engineering, not programming.
* We value code that is understandable for humans, addresses failures in an elegant way and performs well. In that order.
* "Infrastructure as code": we use Terraform and Ansible for automated provisioning and deployments. If it's not under git version control and automated, it does not exist.
* Real pro's don't need Docker in production. They ship their services as Debian packages.
* 11 out of 12 on the Joel test.
Our current back-end is 100% Scala on a solid foundation of Dropwizard (Java). Communication with the PostgreSQL database happens with Slick and the blobs go to AWS S3. We do our log processing with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
The backend serves our Angular (Typescript) webapp, a Microsoft Office plug-in and an Outlook Web plug-in. The development of the API happens 'API-first'. Server and client stubs, as well as the documentation is generated and derived from this separate project.
Who are you?
You are eager to work with, learn, or educate Scala on a daily basis.
* Strong background in a JVM based language (e.g. Java, Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, etc).
* General knowledge of Unix-like operating systems. Bonus points for compiling own kernel.
Nice to have:
* Formal education in the field of Computer Science / Software Engineering.
* Skills related to the Ops-side of the DevOps.
* Knowledge of Amazon Web Services' IaaS oriented services.
What do we offer you?
By operating in an exciting and dynamic environment you contribute to the (international) growth of ZIVVER ánd work on your own development. 'Let’s be great’' is our motto. This is our moment and we take it. Of course we support you. Choose the hardware you like that makes you most productive. We offer you an attractive salary (€30K - €70K), stock options possibilities, fun and talented colleagues, a flexible amount of holidays and organized lunch at our handmade standing tables!
We like to see you in action. For more information about this procedure, please contact Rick Goud via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply by sending your motivation, CV/LinkedIn to email@example.com.