At Workshare, we are looking for a great Team Lead proficient with Ruby to join our development team in Barcelona.
We are a nice team of people who enjoy working together building productivity tools like Transact, which helps law firms around the world manage complex multi-party transactions. This secure web application helps users to be more productive in a world where long, complex documents and the detail within them flow and change over time. We make a difference to their world as we deliver software using agile techniques, modern web frameworks, TDD and continuous delivery.
In our culture, we encourage and care about learning new things, the quality of our code, good practices and software design.
As a Lead you will be:
- Leading an agile cross-functional squad including developers, QA engineers and designers.
- Mentoring other developers.
- Working closely with Product Managers and Designers.
- Helping us moving towards continuous delivery.
As a Developer:
- Developing new and maintaining existing features.
- Translating designs into high-quality code.
- Writing unit tests for your code.
- Building reusable components and libraries.
- Experience leading agile teams and mentoring others.
- Strong proficiency in Ruby and object-oriented concepts.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Follow best practices like TDD, single responsibility principle, etc.
- Familiarity building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools.
- Front-end skills in React.js or Backbone.js will be a plus.
- Back-end skills in either Elixir, Node.JS, Java or Java will be a plus.
- Great colleagues to work with.
- A culture of having fun at work and being nice to each other.
- Office with roof terrace where we drinks beers most Fridays, well situated in the centre of Barcelona.
- Tribes and squads model.
- Actively moving towards Continuous Delivery.
- Modern software development technologies like React, Elixir and Node.
- Work from home once a week if practical.
- 25 days’ holiday per year (plus 14 days’ bank holiday).
- Free tea, coffee and treats throughout the week.