We are a young multi-cultural company (look us up at www.frontiersin.org) based in Lausanne, Switzerland, with offices in London, Madrid, Seattle and Beijing. If you are not interested in this job offer or you happen to be a Software Developer that clicked the wrong link 😊, I still recommend you to watch this video from our CEO in a TED talk about Open Science: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtP6-nAjJ0
Duties for this role:
- Provision, install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot:
- Windows and Linux VMs
- Cloud services
- Manage domains, accounts, servers and their permissions
- Maintain operational best practices for availability, security and integrity
- Participate in technical research and development
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and quality assurance
- Collaborate with other teams (development, quality assurance, automation, etc.)
Required experience / background / skills:
- Advanced Infrastructure support skills, including Server, Storage, Networking and Security
- Solid experience managing Windows and Linux servers
- Proven experience with Azure IaaS
- Proficient experience with Docker based systems
- Relevant Azure Networking knowledge
- Familiarity with Azure AD
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good communication skills In English, both written and verbal
- Hands-on experience with Powershell
- Familiarity with monitoring systems
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of NoSQL systems (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis…)
- Experience with another cloud provider (AWS, GCP)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- 25 days vacation per year and Christmas week office closure.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Great flexibility for working from home*.
- Great work-life balance.
- English classes.
- Nice office in good location with excellent public transportation.
- Kitchen space at office.
- Free snacks, fruit and beverages at office.
- Summer and winter parties and after work (beer & tapas) organized by company in a monthly basis.
*Frontiers has taken the decision to offer our employees full flexibility to work-from-home at least until June 2021.
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact email@example.com and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination - including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.