Want to create amazing software solutions for a disruptive, high-tech industry like the Private Aviation business?
Would you like to be on a talented team of developers from all over the world, and have fun while doing what you enjoy the most?
Want to be able to decide WHERE to work and WHEN to do it, whether in the office or working 100% remotely? Want to enjoy a very flexible working schedule adapted to your needs?
If the answer is 'yes,' we are on the same page!
But first, let us introduce ourselves:
Who are we? 🚀
At Nuvolar, we are a team of 70+ talented entrepreneurs, innovators, and problem-solvers devoted to developing amazing software for companies. Our history expands over a decade creating not only functional software but also game-changing IT solutions that transform industries and several business-critical applications aimed at the aviation industry. And we are proud to do so!
We are a multicultural team (with over 20 different nationalities) who share the same set of values built into everything we do. The family is constantly growing, and we expect to become a team of more than 100 people in the coming year.
We strongly believe that our people are our primary asset, and we live up to this. We seek long-term employment with our employees, and we try to give them all the support necessary to perform an outstanding job. We all learn from each other, enjoy social activities together, and get inspired by each other. And it's a lot of fun!
If that sounds good to you, keep reading!
What would your day-to-day life be like? 👨💻
We are looking for an Associate DevOps Engineer with 2+ years of professional experience to join us! As a DevOps, you will work with all the tech teams in the company, each one with its own requirements and processes, and you will be involved with:
- Understanding and following all Agile and each team processes: Retrospective, Groomings & Kickoff, Stand ups, Demos.
- Organizing and performing demos for Stakeholders/PO/team members.
- Keeping up to date with the application technology stack updates.
- Setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting the application CI/CD, while following common practices across teams.
- Mentoring/Advising the teams in DevOps culture.
- Creating and maintaining DevOps-related documentation.
- Maintaining common Nuvolar resources (Nexus, AWS, security, HTTPS certificates).
- Identifying and proposing areas of the CI/CD or deployment that require refactoring/improving.
- Participating and approving code reviews/demos of DevOps related matters.
- Writing high-level documentation in a clear and structured way: class diagrams, application flow, etc.
- Being responsible for our infrastructure operations / SRE:
- Cloud environment maintenance: E.g. maintain AWS security groups, IAM and BB users (when someone leaves the company)
- Infrastructure expense control and optimisation: E.g.Try to reduce the cloud services bill (reserved instances, adjust resources...)
- Setup and monitor alerting and logging in all our production infrastructure.
This job has been tailored for you if… 🙌
- You have experience with AWS - EC2, S3, Lambda, EKS , IAM.
- You have Knowledge of Bash and Linux.
- You have basic knowledge of GCP - kubernetes engine.
- You have experience with Git (Gitflow), (Helm, Kustomize, ArgoCD), Docker.
- You are used to working with a microservices architecture.
- You have experience with CI/CD patterns.
- You have experience with Terraform.
- You have knowledge of Grafana.
- You have great organizational skills.
- You are able to estimate, prioritize, organise, and deliver tasks on time and with the required quality standards.
Our benefits 🎊
- Diverse, respectful, and fun environment (we have over 20 different nationalities)🌍
- Career path🎓
- Flexible remote work policy🏠
- Flexible working hours (no matter if you are an early bird or a night owl)⏱
- Shorter work schedule on Fridays✌️
- Always learning, creative work environment and training👩🏫
- Social events and activities/Funday Fridays🎮
- Day off on your birthday!🎉
- Private Health Insurance🩺
- Gym allowance🧘🏻♀️
- Phantom shares options 📈
- Free languages classes (English, Spanish or Catalan)📚
- Space in a coworking in Barcelona with free coffee and a large terrace 😎
What can you expect from our hiring process
- 1st step: Phone call with HR: Understand your career plan, what motivates you and give you an overview of the role and Nuvolar's environment.
- 2nd step: Technical test: You will be requested to solve a technical exercise based on role and experience and it will be assessed by our technical team.
- 3rd step: HR Interview: Soft skills and cultural interview.
- 4th step: Technical Interview with the team: Technical discussion around the exercise to better understand your skills and introduction to the Tech Lead and other team members to get a better idea of Nuvolar's team culture.
If your profile fits the position, and you are excited about becoming a Nuvolad or Nuvolady, we would love to hear from you!
Nuvolar Works is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, race, or religion.