Busuu is one of the top 50 EdTech companies in the world and has won numerous awards for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower everyone in the world through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with more than 120+ million users from 190 countries, growing at up to 20,000 new users per day. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with instant feedback from our global community of native speakers and live tutoring from qualified teachers across the world.
In Nov´21 Busuu entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by one of the largest EdTech companies in the world, Chegg (NYSE:CHGG). Being part of Chegg will help us to accelerate our growth and achieve our vision even faster.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
What does an ASO & SEO Manager do at Busuu?
We’re looking for an ASO & SEO Manager with a strong track record of growing organic traffic through websites and the App Store / Google Play Store. You’ll join a growing and talented team, working together to deliver a best-in-class organic growth strategy and playing a key role in helping us scale. This is a brand new role, providing opportunities to shape how we tackle SEO and app store optimisation and be a part of an exciting growth journey.
- Develop and oversee our organic acquisition strategy (SEO and ASO), both onsite/technical and offsite/content to boost our visibility and conversions (registrations and purchases) across search engines and app stores
- Manage key SEO and ASO workstreams – from analytics & operations to content, technical and off-page, to fuel our organic growth across key global markets.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, I&A, Brand, Creative, Localisation and Customer Satisfaction teams on organic performance priorities, ensuring work is captured across team roadmaps.
- Produce clear and actionable briefs for design, copy and localisation teams to test and maintain our app store listings.
- Own our ASO tool-stack, including rank and performance monitoring and reporting processes.
- Oversee regular audits of our website, app store pages and the competitor landscape.
- Oversee the reporting for all aspects of organic performance.
- Champion SEO & ASO internally, regularly sharing ideas and best practices with the business.
- Manage resources, budgets and tools to ensure we have the capabilities to achieve our ambitious organic growth targets.
What we’re looking for from an ASO & SEO Manager at Busuu
- At least 3+ years experience working in ASO
- At least 2+ years working in SEO
- Culturally sensitive and internationally-minded. Bonus points if you’ve learned a language, or speak more than one language!
- Solid understanding of ASO / SEO algorithms and principles, from ranking factors to creative optimisation.
- Strong numerical/analytical skills and experience with SEO data and reporting: Google Search Console, Google Analytics
- Experience with ASO platforms and tools: App Store Connect, Google Play Console, AppTweak, and Mobile Action.
- Eagle-eye attention to detail – no commas will go astray on your watch and typos will never see the light of day.
- A top-notch collaborator – experienced working across multiple business functions.
- An excellent planner and communicator, who loves to flex both a creative and analytical mindset.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Our centrally located offices are well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Busuu offers a great Private Health Insurance scheme
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field to ensure our employees can continuously grow and progress in their careers
- We like to support our teams with their work-life balance so we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of working
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Staying connected as a team is very important to us, so we have lots of social activities for you to join such a team lunches, Friday socials, quarterly team, and company events
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process is the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- A video call - Call with the hiring manager
- Team Interviews
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious, or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We'd love to hear what you have to say.