We invite you to become part of our vision, in building omni-channel digital banking experiences for any device, and surprising the financial market with amazing apps built on our platform. As an Android Software Engineer at Backbase, you’re part of one of the pillars of our R&D department: the Mobile SDK team. This team is responsible for delivering essential building blocks for mobile apps developed and managed using our digital banking platform. It’s a multidisciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled software and test engineers. Team members are from all over the world, but have a few things in common: a love for portable technology, a willingness to use the latest and greatest in software development, and a drive to make their job the best in the world.
Improving, developing and maintaining our Mobile SDK will be one of your key responsibilities. This SDK enables organisations to build and manage mobile apps based on our platform, including CMS-like manageability and the consumption of out-of-the-box functionality, while still keeping the application flexible and easy to maintain. What does this really mean? It means developing with a vision and daily communication with your direct colleagues and other teams. Since mobile is a discipline that has its roots planted in the entire organisation, next to your role within R&D, you can also expect Android-related assignments in other departments. These assignments may include technical tasks such as one-time password implementations, as well as non-technical tasks such as providing consultancy and training.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as an Android software engineer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
• 3 or more years’ in-depth experience with native Android software development, mastering technologies and concepts such as Java, the Android SDK, Android Studio and ProGuard.
• Experience with networking, including security (e.g., stateful and stateless requests, SSL pinning), caching and parsing of data (e.g., JSON and/or XML).
• Experienced with Scrum and Agile practices, automated testing and continuous integration builds.
• Experienced with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of mobile applications, and applying architecture design patterns.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
Your personality can be classified as:
• A team player who’s passionate about software development and actively shares knowledge.
• An out-of-the-box mentality, not only solving today’s issues, but thinking about tomorrow’s challenges.
• Flexible, balanced and always striving for improvements.
• Last but not least, you’re a fun colleague to work with!
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Dominique Hesta by email: dominique(at)backbase.com
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
• Market rate salary (depending on experience);
• 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
• Contributory pension scheme;
• Free lunch, drinks, snacks and fruit;
• Company fitness plan, and;
• Potential international career opportunities.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organisation with a matching company spirit.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!