We are looking for Android Engineers in Barcelona for Shedd an OLX company.
*Please note these positions will be based in Barcelona however initial travel to Dubai may be neccessary
As an Android engineer, you will be responsible to build and maintain world-class mobile applications.
We are Shedd - a fashion marketplace for regular people, stylish fashionistas, designers, and small businesses to post and discover unique, original, desirable, interesting and obscure fashion items and accessories.
Shedd is the newest, most vibrant fashion-only marketplace. You can
easily buy & sell preloved clothes, shoes & accessories, just by
snapping a picture! Make money from your unworn & unwanted fashion!
At Shedd we believe everyone loves shopping irresponsibly & we support the right to do that, without guilt, offering the perfect marketplace to keep fashion alive, after all.
Shedd is for everyone: regular people, stylish fashionistas, emerging designers, & small businesses looking for a free window to give new life to their new & preloved fashion items.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.7 billion monthly visits, 35 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
We share a relaxed and result-oriented environment that promotes the interaction among peers. Everybody can learn from different life and working experiences. Working at OLX means taking part in a multicultural world of innovative projects, constant self-improvement, and collaborative work.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code.
- Maintaining the current Android apps by fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- Working with the other Android engineers to create a seamless app.
- Delivering features in tight deadlines.
- Creating a multiple-language mobile app for the entire middle east.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to create, design and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, include edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Working with our testing team to ensure 100% test coverage.
- Discovering and implementing the newest technologies.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- 3+ years experience of native Android development.
- 5+ years of Java or OOP.
- A deep understanding of the Java Language.
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK, SQ Lite, Web services and location-based services.
- A current view on the Android development landscape.
- A diverse portfolio of previously built Android Apps.
- Have published at least one or more Android Apps to the market.
- You can talk all day about Android architecture, use of the best current libraries and innovate Android applications currently on the market.
- Lots of experience with third party libraries and APIs
- Current knowledge of mobile architecture, landscape, trends and emerging markets.
- The ability to create world leading beautiful and elegant user interfaces.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- A solid understand of how to create data structures and ORM.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- You understand git commands and have a GitHub or BitBucket account
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only
takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once
you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it
serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next
two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than
that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application
no matter what.
Improve the world.
If you have any further questions with regards this career opportunity, please feel free to contact us through the contact form
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!