At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with collaborative economy, and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products. Would you like to join the talented team that is crafting the system that makes this possible?
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters, and everybody can contribute in many different ways. We believe that we don't hire people to fit in a job description. We hire people to find the best way to produce the most valuable work that they can do. Each guild holds weekly technical meetings to discuss the state of the code, and decide what actions have to be taken in order to it continuing being maintainable, readable, and scalable.
With more than 8 million searches per day, more than 60k items sold per day and a catalog of several tens of millions of products, Wallapop is the biggest second-hand marketplace in Spain with more than 8 million unique visitors per month.
Our purpose is to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption.
Our company Values are:
- We are One Team: Respect, Transparency and Alignment.
- We Dream & Deliver: Creative & Innovative, Passion and Risk Taking.
- We Aim for Simplicity: User centricity and Focus on Essentials
- We Learn & Grow: Curiosity and Empowerment
You'll help us to build and improve the next generation of mobile classifieds. We’re looking for someone senior, but we do not like to measure it in years of experience. Instead, we like to think it depends more on what you want to achieve and your willingness to learn every day. Attitude first!
The day to day of an Android Engineer:
● writing Kotlin code, sometimes converting Java code to Kotlin, and when there is not enough time, we might write some Java code - but that is not the path we want to follow
● developing new features following Clean Architecture and MVP
● testing all the things! Testing is a must, especially if you want to avoid those friendly reminders during the code review
Some of the interesting things we are currently doing include using Kotlin coroutines for asynchrony; some bits of functional programming thanks to Arrow; modularization and other techniques to reduce compiling times; and evolve an app used by millions with several teams working on it at the same time.
Who you are
- Good attitude, positive, excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills ̣
- Quality driven, attention to detail and pragmatic ̣
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable and eager to learn
- A sense of humor: we like having fun doing what we love :)
- Flexible working hours
- Half/day Fridays
- A well defined Career Path
- Specialized training (2000€ per year)
- English/Spanish lessons
- Encouraging, fun and team-focused offsite trips twice a year
- Team building activities
- Free coffee, and free fresh fruit
- Private Health Insurance (Cigna)
- Gym discounts
- Weekly Yoga and Boxing classes in the office
- Other benefits paid from the gross salary (kindergarten check, food check, transport check).
- You'll enjoy a 50% longer maternity/paternity leave
- Referral Program, charity donation
- Relocation package. International team (now 18 nationalities and counting)
- All-new, modern and inspirational office space, based in sunny Barcelona
Wallapop is a pure mobile marketplace that helps people find the best opportunities to buy and sell nice things nearby. But beyond that, what we really want to do is offer the best street trade experience to all our users around the world. In order to achieve this we are looking for some special people...
- - Amazing office space.
- - Apple or PC equipment of your choice.
- - Specialised training.
- - Health insurance.
- - Amazing offsites twice a year.
- - International team (now 10 nationalities) .
- - Help with apartment searches.