What you should know about Zeelo:
- We’re on a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform for organisations, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys.
- We sell turnkey, managed and software commuter solutions to employers (office-based and shift-based) and schools (private schools and universities).
- We have developed a best-in-class technology platform that connects organisations with riders and operator partners consisting of a route optimisation platform, mobile apps and operations management system.
- We’re just over 5 years old, backed by over £15 million of venture capital from ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover), and Dynamo.VC.
- We’re a team of 90+ across 3 continents (Europe, North America & Africa), 4 offices (London, Barcelona, Boston & Durban) and are live in 3 markets (UK, U.S. & South Africa).
- We are growing at 3x per year.
- We encourage a culture where people work smart, move fast, and work together, where performance is rewarded, and all team members feel supported on the ride of a lifetime.
Your contribution to something big:
- Working with product managers and other developers you will maintain and improve existing products as well as design and deliver new ones.
- You will be involved throughout the whole software lifecycle and take part in all agile rituals.
- As well as working independently to deliver requirements you’ve been assigned you will support the wider team to ensure we deliver the best quality products we can.
Our ideal teammate has/is:
- 4+ years of experience building Android apps
- Good experience with Kotlin
- Familiar with Clean architecture, Kotlin coroutines, Dagger2, Room Database, Android compose
- Capable to work with different build types and flavors (gradle)
- Strong experience using the Android SDK and Frameworks
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Experience with 3rd party libraries and APIs
- Produce highly scalable, high quality software
- Experience with REST, JSON
- Experience in leading engineering teams
- Contribute to the design, architecture and development of our products and services
- Experience in using version control systems as GIT and comfortable working with branches
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Outgoing - able to communicate well externally and also with the rest of the team
- Creative, driven, proactive and motivated to try new things
- A versatile, practical, pragmatic worker capable of working autonomously and as a part of an interdisciplinary team
- Have experience using automated build processes
- Have experience distributing apps in different channels
- Send us projects that you feel proud of along with your CV
- Have worked in a startup or worked on your own projects