What you will be doing day to day
Work closely with the design, product management and backend teams to ensure that new features are implemented efficiently and effectively.
You will also help defining and implementing a scalable architecture, building a solid code base, refactoring the existing code and optimising the app’s performance.
Reporting to: Engineering Lead - Carriers
Your skills and experience
Hands-on Android engineering experience throughout the whole development lifecycle.
You’re not afraid of tough challenges, both product-wise and technical, and like to constantly deliver high quality code according to our agreed architecture and coding standards.
You enjoy working in a team and appreciate modern development techniques such as code reviews, pair programming, high-coverage testing and automating things. You are polite when reviewing other people’s work and take it well when you get feedback on yours.
Familiarity with these tools, patterns and libs, and ideas to improve this stack:
- Code versioning: GIT
- CI: Jenkins
- Architecture: CLEAN, MVP pattern, SOLID principles
- Dependency injection: Dagger 2
- Reactive programming: RxJava 2
- Networking: Retrofit 2, GSON, Picasso
- Testing: Unit testing with JUnit and Mockito, Instrumentation testing with Espresso
- Language: Kotlin, Java
The exciting part
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- A flat, laid-back culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees.
- Competitive compensation packages. We are looking for the very best talent, and will reward accordingly.
- Good equipment. You will have a new brand Mac. Don’t worry if you are not a Mac person, you will choose another laptop of the same category of your favorite brand :)
- Awesome offices in central Madrid. We are easily accessible by public transport, as well as close to public bike stations.
- Flexible schedule. Working from home occasionally is not a problem.
OnTruck is transforming the road transportation industry, €600 billion just in Europe. We make trucking simple, transparent and on-demand.
OnTruck is a B2B logistics platform, connecting companies looking to move pallets with our network of carriers. We offer shippers a web platform to make the process of finding the right truck quick and simple with built-in track and trace. Carriers are able to accept shipments through a mobile app, letting them grow and manage their business with ease.
Our team has deep experience in building great products and companies. We know success, we know failure; we have built platforms from scratch, we have dealt with large legacy systems. We care about each other and about the product and services we are building.
OnTruck is backed by the top investors in Europe.