Android Developer in Madrid
Olympic Channel Services
Olympics.com is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, Olympics.com provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages. Olympics.com was launched in August 2016 as "Olympic Channel" in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting Olympics.com are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. Olympics.com is available worldwide at olympics.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
OCS is seeking to hire an Android developer to join our mobile team.
As part of the mobile team, you will be responsible for the developing, evolving and maintaining the Olympics mobile Android application.
You will be responsible for communicating with stakeholders to understand and refine user requirements, propose, accept, and seek approval for improvements and for delivering high quality software. As part of your role you, together with your team, will suggest and implement improvements to the software and the software process as well as helping to provide the necessary tools to operate, monitor and diagnose the applications.
- To develop, improve and maintain our Android application taking into account it is intended to be used on different Android devices.
- Deliver the most responsive and high-performance application possible.
- To write unit tests and working to continuously improve our quality assurance process.
- To plan and architect the tech for new features, systems, and integrations and to make it happen.
- Apply pragmatism and best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, with excellent quality.
- To ensure the observability of the integrated systems and the integration system itself from metrics to logging.
- Take ownership of the platform, finding ways to improve its effectiveness, reliability and cost.
- At least 5 years of hands-on android development experience using Kotlin.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and its different versions.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Delivering apps aiming different screen sizes.
- Firebase platform, specifically but not restricted to Crashalytics and remote config.
- Push notification handling and providers.
- Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Source control systems (Git, TFS, Bitbucket, etc).
- TDD and continuous integration or continuous delivery.
- Agile Practices and the tools involved in them.
- Extensive understanding of REST APIs
- Knowledge of the Android open-source ecosystem and commonly used libraries.
- A demonstrable track of successful application design, performance optimizations, resilience and scalability of software.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team that is geographically dispersed.
- Desirable experience with FastLane and the Google Play approval process and with Android TV development.
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral) especially in understanding requirements and explaining technical or complex concepts.
Workplace & Environment
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Available to travel occasionally to our offices in Madrid.
- This is a remote freelance opportunity with an initial duration of 1 year with the possibility to keep extending
- Available to travel occasionally (10%) if required by immediate supervisor.
About Olympic Channel Services