Inspiral is a venture-backed company that empowers people around the world to share knowledge and skills instantly. Become a cook, fix appliances, assemble furniture - learn any task in seconds.
We are a unique founding team featuring a unicorn female founder, a growth hacker, and a technology wizard. Additionally, we are fortunate to be joined by an incredible advisory board and support network featuring some of London’s top entrepreneurs.
The initial version of our Android app has generated a ton of excitement, and we are now ready to transform this excitement into a truly unique app with top-notch user experience and advanced features. This is a truly unique opportunity to join our incredible team and lead the Android development of the platform.
For this role we ideally look for:
- Passion for tech-for-good products and building something meaningful for users
- Ability to transform designs into Android (Java) code
- Great experience creating extensible, reusable custom Views, and ability to apply animations and transformations
- Strong general knowledge of best practices in Android development, and in commonly used libraries
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and methodologies for handling the wide array of Android hardware devices and OS versions
- Experience with release management and Google Play publishing process
- Data-conscious, iterative approach to problem-solving and development
- Creativity and ability to learn fast
Nice to have’s:
- Good experience with camera handling, in particular the Camera2 API, and experience creating overlays for camera recording
- Experience with in-app analytics for enhancing user experience
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud SDK
In your application please include:
- Links to apps you’ve released and a few sentences about your contribution
- Any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- A description of your professional experience (LinkedIn, CV, or similar)
- No long cover letter needed (we prefer meeting you)
We are looking for candidates who will love our open culture and will actively help us shape it together as a team. We are looking for ambitious self-starters with a growth mindset who are enthusiastic about our mission and think on a truly global scale.
We embrace diversity (gender, nationality, age, life experience, way of thinking), and we truly believe in diversity as a critical ingredient for building the global social movement we're aiming to build.
You will be working directly together with the co-founding team featuring one of Europe’s top female tech entrepreneurs as well as 3 nationalities. If you love creating the future of instant education as much as we do - apply now and let’s grab a coffee!