We are looking for a talented Android developer with strong analytical problem-solving skills and able to deliver high-quality, well-tested code.
Our mobile applications are a key component of our medical devices as it is the main interface between the user and our wearable acoustic sensor. Through your work developing our apps, you will be responsible for bringing these two sides together in a product that is not only engaging and easy to use, but also provides the high performance our system requires.
What you will do
* Develop easy to use, highly optimised and scalable Android applications, including UI, back-end logic.
* Integrate the mobile app with our innovative acoustic sensor SDK and cloud data platform APIs.
* Design and implement technical solutions to maintain and improve the Android application.
* Define, document and implement comprehensive unit and functional tests for each one of the app components.
What you should bring to Acurable
* Strong knowledge of native Android (Java/Kotlin) app development.
* Strong understanding of design patterns and Object Oriented Programming.
* Strong interest in UX/UI, with a focus on easiness of use and accessibility.
* Solid knowledge of Android UI/UX design principles, patterns and best practices.
* Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors.
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
* Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
* Experience of using BLE for wireless communication.
* Familiarity with some signal processing concepts and ability to implement them.
* Understanding of build processes and CI tooling.
* Experience with version control tools such as Git.
* Familiarity with writing unit and UI tests.
* Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security, native components / SDKs and compatibility on low budget phones (eg: Android 6.0).
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* Creativity in finding solutions, good understanding of technology and a desire to learn new things.
Why you should apply
* We provide a fun and entrepreneurial working environment within an exciting high-growth business, where you can use your talent to make a real difference to the lives of millions of people.
* This is a rare opportunity to build a truly global product from the ground up, and join early a fast growing team of exceptional engineers working on the latest technologies.
* We offer a great work-life balance, very competitive remuneration package, flexible hours, generous holiday allowance, regular social events… and many other perks we continue adding as the company grows.
* Because there is nothing more thrilling than solving technological problems, and if you are a problem solver, in this job you will never get bored. And most importantly, we make sure to only recruit people who are passionate, committed and fun, so if that sounds like you, you’ll love working with us.
* Location: Based in the company headquarters in London.
* Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience.
NOTE: We only accept direct applications from candidates. Any attempt by recruitment agencies to get in touch will be ignored.