albelli is looking for an experienced Android Developer, who is also interested in web technologies, to strengthen the team that creates our mobile editor. Do you want to join an enthusiastic team of developers and bring our customer-facing software to the next level?
Then this role is
for you! Wherever you are in the world, we will happily help you with
relocation right to the center of Amsterdam. Get in touch!
- Design, develop, test, and release new functionality and improvements;
- Continuously evaluate the way that things are done and suggest improvements;
- Share your knowledge with colleagues through sprint reviews, pair programming, dev days, and any other means you deem necessary.
You will join the mobile squad and work closely with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, and other developers to get the best results. The mobile squad belongs to the Online Editors multi-functional scrum team responsible for improving and maintaining our online family of editors (applications that allow our customers to create their own, personalized designs for the albelli's products).
Over the next few months, your focus within the squad would be to work on:
- Carefully reduce technical debt in the native Android code in the current mobile application;
- Extract robust and reusable components out of the current mobile application;
- Implementing new features requested by the business.
- Solid understanding of Android platform fundamentals;
- Careful root cause analysis, not stopping at the boundary of third-party dependencies;
- Familiarity with Kotlin;
- Customer-oriented mindset;
- Fluency in English.
- Functional programming skills;
- Basic understanding of iOS application development or willingness to learn;
- A fast growing eCommerce environment;
- An international office hosting over 30 nationalities;
- Competitive compensation, relocation support and lots of benefits;
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.);
- An informal, fun and driven culture;
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.