Analytics Engineer in Barcelona or Remote
Exoticca was founded in 2013 by a team of travel visionaries with deep knowledge in the creation and online distribution of multi-day tour packages. Our mission is to offer our clients the possibility to visit the most beautiful and stimulating places on our planet, through the best holiday packages, at unbelievable prices. Our customers can find out more about our trips and book them instantly in a matter of minutes through our website, avoiding the usual long exchanges of email, meetings, or calls required by more traditional travel agencies, which makes us the most convenient way of booking a multi-day tour package.
At Exoticca we are looking for people who want to offer their best to create unforgettable experiences for our customers. We are a young, dynamic, multicultural team of around +350 people, in rapid international growth, seeking for new partners to help us create the best and most forward-thinking travel company of our generation.
We are a highly ambitious and well-balanced start-up, backed by top national and international investors that have also participated in the growth of other success stories, such as Skype, Wallapop, Glovo, Wix, Idealista, among others.
What about the Data team?
At Exoticca, the Data team is the main responsible of making data essential in key decision making across the whole organization. We capture vasts amount of data from multiple customer touch points, spanning from consideration and booking, to pre-travel, travel, and post-travel. Combined with our customer-centric approach, we believe that our data-driven culture is the key to deliver unparalleled product & services, that wow our customers and create unforgettable experiences to be remembered for a lifetime.
In order to achieve such ambitious goals, our Data team works together with other departments, such as Marketing, Product, Travel, Sales or Customer Success, to uncover the most valuable insights our data can deliver, and convert them into actual company initiatives, business decisions, or product features. There are myriad of opportunities for using data to grow sales, increase customer satisfaction, optimize & automate processes, and much more. We can’t wait to have you on board!
Which will be your main responsibilities:
- Understand business needs and deliver insightful analyses that help our internal teams make the right decisions.
- Define and update key metrics that help us understand the current status and forecast the future of our business.
- Statistics/Mathematical knowledge regression, variation...
- Design and implement dashboards to visualize key metrics throughout the full customer journey, from lead to booking and post-travel.
- Partner with other departments (Marketing, Product, Travel, etc) to proactively influence their roadmaps to deliver maximum customer value.
- Communicate results and insights from your analyses to top management.
- Tech and business experience
- Proficient in building queries with SQL, dbt, Git and cloud services/ETLs.
- 2-5 years of work experience in a similar role analyzing data.
- Previous experience working with Python and experience working with analysis tools such as Pandas, SciPy, Scikit, Jupyter/iPython notebooks, R.
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Looker, Tableau, Qlikview, etc.
- Fluency in English.
- Big Data technology experience is highly valued (Redshift, Spark).
- Past work experience in as a consultant for airlines and/or OTA’S firm with focus on Airline pricing and distribution.
- Experience working in squad teams, Agile and Kanban processes and frameworks.
- Competitive compensation package in line with job responsibilities and experience.
- Additionally, we propose the use of flexible compensation management for diet, transportation, private health insurance wit Cobee.
- Individual training budget.
- 100% remote work model.
- Permanent contract from the start.
- Travel packages at reduced prices!
- Referral bonus, if you bring people as talented as you.
- Unlimited coffee, team lunches, English lessons, quarterly activities, biannual parties.
- And last but not least, becoming part of a fun and motivated multicultural team at an agile and rapid growing organization!
Exoticca is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusiveness are our core. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under European, country, or local law.