Ztory is a Swedish startup founded mid 2013 that gives readers access to an ever growing stockpile of fresh magazines and other visually enriched publications for a fixed price each month. Our mission is to give millions of people unlimited access to great publications, to help them stay inspired and updated while helping publishers find new audiences around the globe.
We are located in Stockholm, Karlstad and Barcelona and are already planning local offices on several other key markets in the coming year.
We love finding new ways of attracting customers to Ztory and this makes it very important for us to get the right kind of creative people to our growing pool of talent. In august 2014 we got a capital- and competence-injection from an amazing team of investors which consist of D-Ax, an investment alliance between the Axel Johnson-group and RECAPEX, together with Wellington Partners, Spotifys first international investor.
If you are looking for a high-paced working environment with a lot of laughter and great co-workers who are truly experts at what they do and passionate about continuously learning more, if you like to break boundaries and if you take pride in your work and pay attention to details, you should apply for this job.
Ztory is searching for an engineer that has passion for data analysis. You will be joining a team of engineers that combines insights and customer feedback to push product iterations. Your efforts will enable the business to make critical data-driven decisions in order to improve our product experience as well as measure marketing activities.
You will oversee and develop new frameworks and strategies for data analysis at Ztory. We are constantly exploring new tools and ways to gain better insights from our data. You will be the first analytics engineer to join the Ztory team and will be working tightly with our product development team of 10 people, across multiple platforms including Web, iOS and Android.
- Have 2-5 years of experience with full-time Ruby software development
- Are good at simplifying insights and presenting them in an understandable form
- Understand statistics and distributions and are eager to learn more
- Are comfortable working in a startup and taking a lot of responsibility
- You take great pride in your work and you pay attention to details
- Proactive; you go beyond your expectations
- You communicate very well both verbally and in text
Cherry on top
- You have worked in a startup before
- You have good knowledge of Rails
- Solid understanding of Git
- Uncommon hobbies like being a Magician, won a world championship in Tekken or similar!
Today we are running easier map-reduce jobs, using these insights together with GA, MixPanel and other tools. With you on board, we are looking to do much more cool stuff with our data. We want to give our publishers the best insights from reading behaviors and we understand that there are a lot of hidden treasures to find in our data that will be useful to the business, and you will be our Indiana Jones finding them.
Really looking forward getting to know you!
/Martin Samami, CTO & Co-founder