Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for a stand-out Software Team Lead to join the Engineering department in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 200 engineering service providers worldwide to help them improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our Loadsensing product is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space. The Loadsensing monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices, LoRa-based wireless connectivity and a cloud-based connectivity management platform. We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic Software Team Lead to take Loadsensing to the next level.
As Software Team Lead at Worldsensing your goal is to lead a team to deliver compelling and elegant software solutions by understanding and unlocking the full capabilities of Worldsensing’s product portfolio.
Outcomes for the next 12 months
- Leadership to the software team of internal and external developers to deliver the new version of Loadsensing cloud software (CMT cloud)
- Every team member understands clearly their objectives and the overall goals
- Consolidation of the team’s development process
- Take control of the ongoing software releases
- Help to define scope (functional) and lead the team to architect (technical) solutions for each software release
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Customer Success departments to anticipate and prioritize new developments
- Own the project and backlog for the engineering internal and external teams
- Be part of the product engineering team and ensure that the software being built fit into the product ecosystem
- Help to develop and continuously improve Worldsensing software
- Meet with the members of your team to agree on goals, review them periodically and give them constructive feedback
- Lead the planning and estimation of software releases and make sure they are executed on time and following high quality standards
- 5+ years hands-on engineering, working on software development or architecture
- Experience working on cloud software based on microservices
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- 3+ years experience in the management of software projects, leading the definition, estimation and planning
- Experience working with Agile engineering teams (both internal and external) to deliver software
- Experience working closely with product owners and product managers to understand the technical requirements before transferring them to the team
- Experience with IoT is a plus
- International experience - cultural adaptation
- Strong communication skills
- Strong language skills in English and a native/bilingual level of Spanish.
- High responsibility level, commitment and teamwork
- Be very well organized, planned and proactive
- Be disciplined and pay attention to the details
- Have ability to lead people
- Be enthusiastic and collaborative
- Promote innovation
- Great work environment: we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries.
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented.
- You will work remotely while the COVID situation persists
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing (COVID-permitting).
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.).
- You can expect a competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet.
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.