We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer, Full Stack/Mobile to join the Customer Service Platform team responsible for ensuring that all backend and cloud contact center systems are integrated, implemented, maintained, and optimized to ensure efficiency for the business.
You’ll be responsible for the configuration, optimization, and support of Hopper's omnichannel contact center systems including Hopper’s back end, CRM, WFO tools, chatbots, and IVR call flows. We’re looking for a highly analytical and solutions-driven contributor to build viable and resilient solutions, as well as manage multiple projects of varying complexities with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- A strong background in Software Engineering (+4 years)
- Experience developing and troubleshooting solutions with code/scripting (e.g., Python, Java, C#, .NET, Node.js)
- Thorough understanding of working with microservices at scale, deep familiarity with at least one server-side stack (Scala or pure functional stacks preferred)
- Experience in developing user-facing web/mobile applications and a passion for building engaging user experiences
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable and maintainable code that performs well for our consumers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to clarify, analyze and investigate organizational needs, identify potential roadblocks and develop viable, working, and cost-effective solutions
- Effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, taking ownership, and delivering results while prioritizing customer outcomes
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Comfortable making deep contributions to Android mobile development preferably using Kotlin
- Broad understanding of cloud contact center technologies, organization, and operations
- Experience in implementing and maintaining complex routing, skillset libraries, and customer journey flows using technologies such as Calabrio and Kustomer
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
- And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!