Senior User Researcher (They/ She/ He) in Barcelona
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
What you will do:
- Hold a key role in scaling and shaping the UX Research function
- Champion the use of research to inform and drive product direction
- Grow the value of research through thought leadership and relationship building
- Work closely with Tribe Leads, Senior PMs, and Product Designers
- Translating user insights into strategic recommendations to the product teams to drive user engagement
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Serve as a partner for a growing design practice centre, advising and mentoring your colleagues and peers on methodologies and best practices in implementing their own evaluative research
- Define and facilitate design thinking workshops to foster cross-functional collaboration, action your research, and inform experiences that reflect a clearly defined problem
- Lead strategic research projects
- Train designers to be efficient researchers validating their deliverables
- Collate and disseminate various threads of insights into easy-to-digest and actionable recommendations
- Facilitate and run workshop sessions to address key issues within the product
- Work with account managers to contact and schedule research sessions with relevant profiles based on the needs of the product team
- Set up scalable feedback loops where ideas can be quickly tested and validated, allowing rapid iterations before going to market
- Get “out of the building” and find creative ways of getting our products and prototypes into the hands of business travellers
What you'll need:
- Strong experience working as a User Experience Researcher on digital products
- Expertise in conducting end-to-end user research studies; planning, recruitment, execution, analysis, and delivery
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- An ability to develop strong partnerships with PMs and Designers – to positively challenge assumptions, unpick ambiguous contexts and define problems to solve
- Expertise in a wide variety of research methodologies
- Can communicate research findings in creative and impactful ways to create understandable, compelling, and actionable insights
- Ability to analyse and interpret qualitative data and quantitative data
- Schedule and run customer interviews, usability testing and other qualitative methods
- Broad knowledge of various research methods
- Critically analyse the product and prototypes, offering valuable insights and direction based learned knowledge
- Understand behavioural patterns across different devices and contexts and use these findings to improve our products
Wanna know more? You can always find us at travelperk.design
What do we offer?
- A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location
- Flexible compensation plan
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth & personal development opportunities
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and want to make an impact? If so, let’s talk!