Hello! 👋 At Factorial we're looking for our next Senior/Staff Software Engineer to help us boost the company to the next level. Ready to be part of the challenge? 🚀
🦸🏼♂️ The Role
We are searching for a new Senior/Staff Software Engineer to join our People Engagement Engineering Team. Our mission is to equip companies with the best tools for putting people first in their performance review processes, helping their employees improve and succeed.
If you are seeking a fresh challenge in a diverse, people-first company that doesn't require you to be in a specific location, keep reading to find out what we are seeking from our ideal candidate!
What will YOU be doing?
During your first week…
- You will be learning about Factorial, our product, our team, our clients.
- You will pair with a buddy who will guide you through non-critical tasks to help you become familiar with the codebase.
After your second week…
- You will own your first initiative, and start pairing with your colleagues.
- You will participate in weekly meetings with your team to discuss upcoming tasks and propose new ideas.
- You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside a team of highly experienced developers in a quality-oriented environment.
- You will engage in code reviews for other team members and help elevate the skills of your peers.
After the first couple months…
- You will be responsible for initiatives from the design phase (by writing and sharing RFCs with the rest of the team) to deployment and communication.
- You will work with your team members to establish goals and plan a quarterly roadmap, putting special attention to the technical needs of our domain.
- You will mentor junior team members and help them learn from your experience.
We are not looking for a long list of skills and technologies. Our stack is Ruby on Rails for the backend and React/React-native for the clients, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient on those (most of the team came with other areas of expertise, which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
- You are a team player: You are comfortable helping your teammates, sharing your knowledge, reviewing their code and asking for reviews of your own.
- You are focused on quality: You write good code, with tests. You understand that spending time doing QA helps us deliver rock solid functionality, and you are not afraid of doing QA.
- You have a user-centric mindset: You know that the only reason we write code is to help the users of Factorial to perform their tasks.
- You are a polyglot developer: You have experience in several coding languages (especially for backend development), CI/CD tools and cloud technologies.
- You are a mentor: You love to share your experience and expertise to help others grow.
- You like relaxed and fun environments: We work hard, and we are committed to Factorial users, but we do that in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. We don't take ourselves too much seriously.
- You are a learner: you want to improve your skills not only in the engineering field, but across any other areas.
- You are an owner: You like proposing new hypotheses and be responsible for building, deploying and validating them.
- You love understanding: Breaking down complex problems into basic and shareable elements, and you have evolved concrete implementations to abstractions before.
At Factorial, we evaluate your knowledge and skills, rather than the number of years of experience you have. We use a rubric framework to define what is expected for each experience level and skill we're evaluating. This framework allows you to know at which level you currently are and what you need to do to continue growing in the company.
We LOVE transparency, and our Career Path includes the salaries for each level, which we share during the first interview to ensure alignment. For this role, we're considering Senior and Staff levels, with a gross annual salary of €60,000 for Senior Engineers and €80,000 for Staff Engineers. Check more in the public page: Career Path 2022 v2.0
Factorial is a remote-first company, so you can apply from anywhere in the world. English is our official language, so this is the only language you need to succeed at Factorial!
✨ Perks of being part of our team
- 1000 € of annual Learning and Development budget. 🎓
- High growth, multicultural, diverse, inclusive and friendly environment.
- Healthy life with a free physiotherapist in the office, Gympass and Alan as private health insurance. 🩺
- Real flexible schedules! 🗓️
- Full remote flexibility.
- Save expenses with Cobee 💳 and get your salary in advance with Payflow. 💸
- Language classes with Yolk Academy & Factorial Language exchange. 🧑🏫
And when at the office:
- Syra Coffee and Apeteat discounts.
- Breakfast, organic fruit, caffeine and theine.
- Pet-friendly office. 🐶
Is this you?! Come rock the world with us!
🤓 About Factorial HR
Factorial is an all-in-one HR Software fast-growing startup founded in 2016. Our mission is to help SMEs automate HR workflows, centralize people data and make better business decisions.
Currently, we help more than 7000 customers in over 60 countries all over the world and across industries, and we've built a diverse and multicultural team of over +800 people in Barcelona, Brazil, Mexico, and US offices.🌎
Do you want to know more about us? 👀
We've recently become the newest unicorn in Spain 🦄, and we've won awards and received outstanding customer feedback since day one. Factorial raised over 200M$ in funding with top international venture capital firms (Atomico, Tiger, CRV, Creandum, Point Nine Capital, and K Fund).
- Quickly and easily manage your employees’ holidays and absences
- Easily manage your employee’s hours and know how much time each one works
- Every company and employee documentation in your document management
- A customized space for every employee from where they can manage all their personal information, documents, holidays and other features
- Generate customized reports based on your company data and make better decisions about your workforce and your business
- Assign different managers to your employees and automatically generate your organizational chart
All your HR processes in a single place!
Boost your HR management!
Sign up and start improving the Human Resources management of your business with Factorial.