Our Startup Playfulbet, a
leading entertainment platform of sports gaming with more than 8 million
active international users is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to
contribute to the scaling of the company and its internationalization.
Are you passionate about eSports and are you up for the challenge of building a platform that integrates gaming, betting and sports to create a surprising and fun solution to the users? Join us as a Software Developer!
At Playfulbet you will find great teamwork in an agile environment. We care about software quality and maintainability, so we promote the use of practices like continuous integration, daily gem updates, code reviewing and frequent refactoring.
- Lead engineering position in a young and expanding Start up
- Work with Redis and Elasticsearch clusters until they can’t take it anymore
- Lead 2-week Sprints developing new features for Playfulbet such as levels, medals, rankings, rewards, skills, quests, quiz, trivia and other surprises!
- The excitement of the users when you deploy new functionalities! Note that we don’t deploy on Fridays :)
- A dynamic team where every day will be different to the last. Yes, you will be allowed to shoot a colleague with a Nerf…
- Being part of the Itnig Start Up ecosystem that will provide much more than a job experience with afterwork learning and entertainment activities
Our infrastructure is composed of Cloudflare, Haproxy balancers (5 front and 3 servers in the background) and all physical machines in Hetzner. All software is our own development in Rails 4.2 with Redis, Mariadb and Elasticsearch 1.7.
If you are keen on our project, these would be our must for you:
- Experience as web developer with back end experience, preferably in Ruby on Rails
- Good knowledge of MySQL at admin, user and query optimisation level
- Agile development experience
- Passion for sports!
Itnig is a venture builder with rapidly growing startups such as Factorial, Camaloon, Quipu, Parkimeter, Gymforless and us at Playfulbet. It is a great place to learn from ridiculously talented professionals, where we have interesting discussions and debate different solutions to similar problems for all startups. Itnig organizes activities to bridge and exchange know-how between the different teams and make the most for everyone. Plus, we organize workshops, talks, conferences, and all kinds of afterwork activities.
What we offer:
- Provide you with continuous challenge and space for learning.
- Participation in the technological and business decision making.
- Agile tasks distribution, with daily deploys.
- Flexible schedule
- Broad and diverse start-up ecosystem that provides much more than a job experience.
- Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
- Itnig Breakfasts every Tuesday
- Summer BBQs
- Team Lunch on Fridays
- Afterwork Beers
- Afterwork activities such as Laser tag, Poker, Table games or LAN Parties
- Conferences, events and workshops onsite
Don't miss the opportunity to contribute to our challenging project as part of a great team of developers!