Rakuten - European Technical Division (EUTD) is looking for a talented and dynamic Senior Product Designer to join our European Ecosystem Department. Here is your chance to work in a multicultural and experienced team, with high visibility and significant customer impact.
ABOUT RAKUTEN & EUTD
Rakuten, Inc.,which we are part of, is the largest eCommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace company worldwide. Rakuten provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. The company is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees worldwide.
As a company with teams distributed globally, we believe it is important to grow regional technology-focused communities that promote collaboration and innovation. This is why Europe Technology Division (EUTD) was created.
- EUTD is Rakuten’s regional software engineering organization.
- We have over 100 members coming from all over the world representing over 20 nationalities working at 8 offices in 5 European countries.
- We are developing and operating Rakuten’s global software platforms, which are used across Rakuten Group worldwide.
- We have expertise in a range of areas including e-commerce, big data, search, recommendations, data science, business intelligence, information security, user identity management, corporate IT, and data centers and infrastructure.
- We are supporting Rakuten’s businesses in Europe and are closely collaborating with the colleagues at Rakuten’s headquarters in Japan and in other regions.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Working as part of the Ecosystem Department as a Senior Product Designer, you will be devoting the majority of your time as UI/UX designer, understanding business requirements and creating visual designs for multiple products. You will be working with the product managers to develop wireframes and mockups to illustrate the user journey. For the rest of the time, you will assist our front-end development team on multiple product development projects, most of them connecting to our global platform APIs.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the end-to-end design process, from research to beautiful UI design through to shipping code
- Contribute to creating a consistent experience for Rakuten users worldwide
- Contribute to maintaining our global Rakuten design system
- Continuously improve Ecosystem products based on KPI analysis
- Challenge product and business definitions based on user research
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for different strategic Rakuten products
- Contribute to the web development projects with hands on development
- At least 6-year experience working with medium-large digital applications
- Demonstrable track record of achievements with a solid portfolio
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma and Invision
- Solid background and understanding in HTML-CSS
- Good understanding of React or similar modern JS frameworks
- Data-driven DNA
- Agile methodologies
- Problem solving oriented
- Good communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Additional experience in internet services, digital content, FS/payments, digital marketing is a plus
- Comfortable communicating with non-native English speakers
- Understanding of data analytics and SQL
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Interesting and challenging fast paced environment
- Possibility for professional growth and international assignments
- A friendly environment where teamwork matters and were we enjoy each other’s company in and outside work – For instance, we have a great soccer team (okay, they are not FC Barca, but not far behind either!). Also, we have regular team events and evening drinks.
- Drinks, coffee and fruits are free for everyone to keep your engine going.
- If you want to improve your English or German – great, we also offer in-house language classes.
- The most exciting phase in the life of a young and ambitious company
- And of course: ongoing training, fairs, conferences and workshops, language courses, company events etc.
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset
- Those who can think for themselves and take action
- Willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural and global environment where multilingual skills are a big asset
- Ambitious to grow as an individual within the company
- Passionate about working in a global company which wants to make a difference by empowering society.
About Rakuten TV