About The Position
Do you know what unites the computer or phone you're reading this on, the watch you're wearing, and that designer shirt you're not wearing? Global freight. It's a trillion dollar industry, with 90% of all goods imported by ship...and the rest imported by air. Freightos WebCargo has nearly single-handedly brought it online, helping global air carriers in 90+ countries and over 1,000 freight companies automate sales and operations, with nearly one million monthly searches. This all builds it up to feed Freightos, the world's largest online freight marketplace, with $90 million in funding, tens of thousands of users, and some incredibly complex technology and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited in the process..
It’s fun to talk about bits and bytes but it all comes back to people. So we’re looking up from our computers and looking for the best HR Manager in Barcelona to join our Global HR team. Help us put the HR in H-E-R-O. We’re looking for someone who would climb Mt. Everest to recruit top talent (and convince the Sherpas on the way up that they should come work here too). You’ll provide an exceptional user experience from the first interview until they leave (yes, it happens). Our dream candidate will be skilled in managing compensation, benefits, encouragement, professional training, performance management and employee relations in a manner that retains staff members and builds our employer brand. If you could juggle, that would be pretty cool too.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Superhuman abilities to manage end-to-end recruitment cycles. You can source the needle in the haystack, interviewing and on-boarding to perfection. Of course, it’s never easy, so you’ll develop and implement creative recruitment strategies, from working with university career centers to putting the first freight container in space (okay, maybe aim a little lower than that...).
- FC Barcelona has built a decent brand. You’ll build an even better one for Freightos, developing and executing an incredible local employer branding strategy.
- You’ll develop and implement core HR processes. You know, the regular day to day work that brings joy to your life, like talent acquisition, on-boarding, talent management, performance evaluation, compensation & benefits, employee relations, etc.). And it will be consistent with company culture.
- We bring the world together with freight and global HR together with global strategies. You’ll help implement the global HR strategies in Barcelona so that employees can focus on the freight.
- We’re pretty big fans of keeping the law. You’ll ensure all HR operations adhere to legal standards.
- Act as a business partner, including daily operational tasks for the Barcelona site.
- Acting as senior HR advisor/consultant to the team.
- At least two years of experience being a superstar recruiter and managing ongoing recruiting cycles or as an HR Specialist. 23 months is okay too. We’re cool like that.
- You don’t know how to code but you do know how to recruit for technical roles. You know enough not to bring a Pascal programmer for a Java role (or any role really).
- You’re the first face of the organization and should have outstanding job interviewing, assessment and consulting skills.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal, with high attention to detal and organization skills. Like, you noticed we missed an “i” in “detail”.
- Ability to work independently without going crazy, design/optimize work processes.
- We want to be friends. You’re a strong relationship builder and influencer at all levels of an organization
- Results-driven with a "can-do” attitude
- Like 1.5 billion people on planet earth, Freightos works in English. You’ll need both written and verbal English fluency, in addition to Spanish.
- Wielding a razor-sharp planner, an organizing calendar, and time management that would make Tim Ferriss jealous, you’ll have outstanding organizational skills that help you work on multiple projects simultaneously and stick to assigned timelines
- University degree in Psychology, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Experience working with remote and diverse teams. We’re about as diverse as they come.
- Passionate about providing world-class customer service, preferably in a creative or technical environment or (fingers crossed) a combination of both!
- Experience in hi-tech startup environment
- Full time position (with flexible hours)
- Location: Barcelona/Badalona
- Reporting to: Global HR Sr. Director, and dotted line to Freightos WebCargo CEO