Payworks is a global infrastructure provider for integrated Point of Sale solutions with offices in Munich, London, Barcelona and Austin. We work with innovators, banks, merchant service providers, card schemes, mobile operators, ISOs, ISVs, and other value added resellers to deliver the fastest, simplest and most secure EMV compliant omni-channel payment solutions for businesses. Our cloud-based payment platform gives our partners unprecedented flexibility in delivering exactly what their merchants need to be successful in providing the best customer experience. Leading providers of integrated Point of Sale solutions in the US, Europe and Africa run their applications on payworks in order to improve the way merchants and shoppers engage at the Point of Sale. We are growing rapidly and are looking for the best talent to join our team on this great journey!
What you will do...
- You work on keeping the uptime of a system that is built to handle millions of payment transactions sky high and response times low.
- You continue to automate our testing, building and deployment infrastructure.
- You analyze and monitor our products’ performance.
- You make sure no one has to worry about all our infrastructure required to run top notch services because you build it to last.
- You develop great software. Yes, we truly believe in DevOps and think you should know the system you are working on.
- You make yourself redundant for everyday tasks. After all, it’s all about automation!
- You work in close collaboration with our mobile, web and backend developers. Also, you will have the chance to acquire knowledge in the rapidly changing payments market by working with our business, product and project guys as well as our clients.
What we offer...
- An open culture that welcomes agile methods (Scrum, TDD, continuous deployment, retrospectives, …).
- A mindset, where we see software engineering as a skill where you never stop learning to write cleaner and more efficient code.
- A position where you can bring in your ideas to create kick ass products.
- The chance to get on board a growing company, giving you the opportunity to quickly take over responsibility.
- A competitive compensation.
- All the hardware you need to feel good while you code.
- Coffee, fresh fruits and game room.
- Relaxed office and positive work environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- We play together with team events, trips and sporting events.
- Relocation support and allowance.
- German classes so you can truly enjoy Munich.
What we are looking for...
- You have experience with servers of all kinds: Linux, shell scripts, application servers and deployment. You know or are keen to learn about continuous integration and deployment.
- You have a keen eye for details and the drive to become better at what you do everyday.
- You know it takes more than just writing code to build and deliver great products to clients.
- You know how to select and use the right tools for the task.
- You are fluent in OOP (preferably Java) and have exposure to RDBMS (MySQL, …).
- You are not scared of taking over responsibility.
- You have a degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Very good English language skills.