Descripción de la oferta
As a Payments Infra team, we provide solutions that process payments at scale, with accuracy and speed, and provide data required by the business to enable constant revenue growth. The team collaborates closely with the Product Organisation leadership and the CTO to identify and prioritize needs related to the payment platform. The Payments infra team also defines, publishes, and keeps an SLA commitment to the platform’s consumers.
In this position you will help us scale the platform that supports our mobile and web applications using technologies such as Kubernetes, RDBMS, Queues, Streams, and more. You will also help to pick new technologies to build new and maintain existing functionalities.
HOW DO WE WORK?
We also enjoy great engineering culture - we do code reviews and schedule time to write tests. We truly believe that our collaborative environment makes space for everyone to learn, improve and take our engineering to the next level. We try to give back to the community as much as we can - you can see us at various conferences, read our blog posts or even come to one of our meetups that we proudly host in our lovely office.
IS THIS OFFER FOR YOU?
We are looking for engineers who are ready to tackle complex challenges with the right tools. We don’t expect our future colleagues to have the experience with every language or tool we use at production. We write mainly in Go but, as everything in life, these can be learned and we are sure that our bootcamp will get you up to speed. We are also a team of engineers with diverse backgrounds and we are more than happy to learn from your experience too.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Plan and implement integrations with various payment providers and payment methods.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust, scalable, and secure.
- Collaborate with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute to high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 5+ years of experience writing web services in a general-purpose programming language
- Experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience working with messaging queues
- Established experience with monitoring/logging tools and best practices
- Experience with relational databases/data stores
- Interest in TDD and specific experiences using a test heavy approach to solve problems and create solutions
- Familiarity with a complex, high-performance platform
- Ability to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical
- Great communications skills and ability to learn fast
- Experience with Go
- Experience in integrating payment providers/processors
- Experience working with public cloud provider offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Location: Kraków or Barcelona, or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Salary: 15 000 - 23 000 PLN gross/monthly
- Some of our benefits - the final offer will depend on the location:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].