Descripción de la oferta
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are responsible for sustainable and ethically produced food.
At the heart of all of these transformations is the ability of scientists and computational biologists to make sense of an exponentially growing data set. Seqera Labs’ mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
Seqera Labs’ founders are the creators of Nextflow, the most widely used framework for computational pipelines and the largest community of computational scientists curating pipelines for advancing science. Seqera Labs’ goal is to provide the full suite of commercial products enabling effortless data analysis, for every scientist, on any infrastructure.
*Please Note that LinkedIn is having some issues with job postings. This is a full-time position - Senior level. Remote within ET #LI-Remote
About the role
We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineering Manager to be responsible for the availability, resilience, and reliability of the system. As the leader of our infrastructure engineering function, you are well-versed in modern cloud SRE practices and not phased by maintaining & running mission-critical systems for Fortune 500 enterprises.
This position encompasses developing the infrastructure required to deploy our product, Tower, across AWS, GCP, and Azure, both in an on-premise and hosted, cloud model. The right leader has run an infrastructure team that is “engineering-first” and understands how to hire and develop “infrastructure as code” using software best practices.
Finally, this position is responsible for service deployment at Seqera. The right leader has come out of a platform-oriented development background and understands how to develop an internal PaaS that can support a team of 50+ engineers.
Our tech stack includes Groovy/Java, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS), Terraform, Go (Golang), Github Actions, Bash, Harbor. Plus we deploy in AWS (VPC, EC2, ECR, Batch).
Your mission will be:
- Recruit and build a high-performing infrastructure engineering team.
- Establish the infrastructure, deployment methodology, and toolchain to run a 99.99% system at scale.
- Establish an incident response process in conjunction with the rest of engineering and Customer Success.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of systems for Build and CI/CD pipelines, observability, monitoring, and process automation for incident response and other key business and technical processes.
- Establish, continuously improve, and mature the foundational processes and culture for Site Reliability Engineering in collaboration with other engineering teams,
- Create key measurements for developer productivity, and work with the engineering teams to constantly improve our developer experience.
- Enable successful roll-out of Nextflow and Nextflow Tower to customers, including sharing and developing relevant assets, conceptualizing and engaging during the roll-out of the roadmap.
About you. We are looking for someone:
- Experience with and deep understanding of AWS, GCP, and/or Azure technologies and challenges and best practices of operating in a cloud HPC environment.
- Deep understanding of modern cloud service testing and deployment practices and infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform, Spinnaker, etc.
- Prior experience establishing the logging, monitoring, and observability stack.
- Deep understanding of container technologies, permissions, and secrets management.
- Deep understanding of how to build infrastructure for security and reliability.
- Ability to establish the recruiting and technical assessment process for infrastructure engineers and SREs.
- Prior experience managing a team of 7-10+ people.
- Experience working with enterprise customers and stakeholders, including communicating with them in the face of production incidents.
- Ability to establish a cloud-based incident management process across engineering and in conjunction with enterprise customer success/support teams.
- Excellent project planning, execution, and communication skills. Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal skills in the “moment of crisis” (incident response).
Your unique set of skills:
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- A builder – likes to be part of a core team that is building a new thing from scratch.
- Strong project planning, execution, and prioritization skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
- Core behavioral skills demonstrated throughout your career - humility, empathy, grit (not afraid to roll up sleeves), and transparency. These are not just superlatives but probably the most fundamental skills to operate in the leadership team and company.
Nice to have:
- Experience in healthcare, life science, or other enterprise software, technology, or SaaS companies in similar fields.
- Cloud-vendor negotiating skills.
- DORA metrics and best practices.
- Deep understanding of the Google SRE Handbook
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
-Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
-International working environment with more than 15 nationalities.
-Passionate & talented team.
-Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
-Team retreats and bonding activities.
-A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
-Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
-Time off: holidays in accordance with the local legislation + 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
-Private health insurance
-Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
-Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
-1,000 USD learning and development budget per year
You can watch this video for a quick understanding of who we are and what we do :).
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the creators and the leading provider of the open-source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.