At Ironhack we are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp who is not only passionate about coding, but also about sharing his/her knowledge with the next generation of developers.
The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from his/her educational journey and real-world experience. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time developers.
The Lead instructor will be responsible for:
- Leading Barcelona Campus knowledge.
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp (from student selection to graduation)
- Teaching at our Barcelona Campus
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Junior Instructors (JD) and Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Screening our prospective students through technical interviews and coding challenges
- Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Front-end Framework (Angular2, React, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Other technologies that would be useful to have:
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)
- Fluent in both Spanish and English (our Barcelona courses are offered in English!)