TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. Would you like contribute in designing and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals?
As Web Developer you are building and maintaining our web platform telematics.tomtom.com in a multilingual environment. Your main task is to support the web team and it’s global stakeholders in various areas, including basic content management, building cutting-edge frontend components as well as maintaining and extending the backend infrastructure. This position offers a variety of tasks, an interesting mix of state-of-the-art technologies and a large area of responsibility in web development.
Your role will strengthen the web team of the business unit, which is part of the digital marketing team.
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the best and brightest mind in web development to join TomTom Telematics. The experience and future opportunities will include the following:
- Maintenance and extension of the TomTom Telematics backend infrastructure;
- Drive and support building / integrating a CMS in an enterprise environment;
- Creating and extending frontend components and elements;
- Collaboration and support of international stakeholders.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Web Developer, we have the following profile in mind:
- At least 3 years experience in professional web development;
- Fundamental background in maintaining and setting up CMS systems as site administrator on an enterprise level (backend focus);
- Proven success in architecting (enterprise) CMS solutions including site migration from legacy platforms;
- Dealing with build systems (e.g. Gulp), Webserver technologies, versioning systems (GIT, SVN) and agile methodologies is not new to you;
- Ambitious and willing to constantly learn and improve;
- You are self-organized, communicative and eager to take matters in your own hands;
- Fluent in English.
What do we offer?
- An adventure in the cutting-edge SaaS solutions and IT, connected car and B2B market.
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international team, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no point coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen, quickly.
- Lunch vouchers, flexible holiday plan, private health insurance (including children and partner), pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products.
Who are we?
TomTom Telematics is a Business Unit of TomTom dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. WEBFLEET is a Software-as-a-Service solution, used by small to large businesses to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, TomTom Telematics provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address businesses as well as consumers.
TomTom Telematics is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers with more than 861.000 connected cars worldwide. The company services drivers in more than 60 countries, giving them the industry’s strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third party applications and integrations. Our customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2017.
For further information, please visit telematics.tomtom.com
Follow us on Twitter @TomTomWEBFLEET