CMP Group is looking for a Web developer to join our development team in Barcelona!
With over 60 people in our technical staff distributed in several teams between our offices in Barcelona (Spain) and Rochester (NY, USA), we are a mid-sized and fast-growing company leading the online entertainment industry.
CMP Group a friendly, progressive company that
understands the importance of the work/play ratio. So, hang out with us
on our terrace, where you can relax or play ping pong. Join us for
barbecues, nights out and winter ski trips. Exchange ideas with people
from all aspects of our business to help encourage new ideas and out of
the box thinking. Come and work in an environment that encourages your
growth as a developer by investing in conferences and workshops and
always encouraging you to learn new things!
- Maintain, develop and add new features to our shared service layer
- Modernise and improve existing backend code using a DDD approach
- Modernise the front-end using the latest features like ES6 with babel and modern frameworks
- Break and extract new components from monolith applications
- Be involved in the full life cycle development process
- 2+ years object-oriented PHP experience
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles
- Experience with frontend code release and packaging tools: webpack, gulp
- Experience with CSS extension tools: sass, less
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL) complex queries
- Familiarity with cache systems (Redis, Memcache)
- Experience using GIT
- Fluent English: all business spoken and written communications in English
- Expertise in one of the big PHP frameworks (preferable Laravel or Symfony2)
- Expertise in one of the big JS frameworks (preferable React or VueJS)
- Experience writing tests (PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Behat for BE, Jest, Mocha for FE)
- Experience with queues systems
- Knowledge using Docker containers
- Experience working on high traffic environments
- Experience refactoring code
- Competitive compensation packages based on experience, skills and job market.
- Private health and dental insurance plan for employees and their families.
- Top notch equipment (iMac or Macbook; Apple 27″ retina display).
- Flexible working hours
- Paid lunches – either catering (just-eat delivery) or eating out.
- Permanent contract
- Gym membership sponsored
- Flexible national holiday schedule – design your own working calendar.
- Free English and Spanish classes.
- Employee choice for up to one week of conference or training sessions per year – time off and costs covered by company.
- Plenty of parties and events making you feel part of the team: BBQ on our terrace, Friday Beers&Pizza, Halloween Party, etc.
- Possibility of traveling (we have offices in New York).
- Regular “freestyle” days – team members decide what they want to work on and have fun with it.
- Big sunny terrace with ping pong and kicker tables, as well as a generous assortment of drinks, snacks and fresh fruits.
- Employee referral program bonus.
- Company sponsored events: industry meet-ups through the Summer; company-wide retreat (e.g. Punta Cana 2015, Sardinia September 2016, Portugal 2017); office ski trips.
- Multi-disciplinary teams
- Basket ligue sponsored
* Only submissions in English will be considered.
About CMP Group