TOQIO (toq.io) enables any business, not just banks, to create game changing, data driven, finance propositions that can be rapidly deployed to their customers where and when they need it.
We are looking for an experienced VP of engineering to manage a diverse development team. The responsibilities of a VP of engineering include leading a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product owners, and improving the technical roadmap.
You should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. You should demonstrate excellent communication skills in English and Spanish, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
As a VP of Engineering at TOQIO you will:
- Personnel management
- Be managing engineering Leads, serving as the direct supervisor of the technical staff.
- Lead the team through management and mentorship.
- Contributing to recruitment activities.
- Program management and engineering execution
- Be responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
- Develop the team to ensure quality end products.
- Technical leadership
- Be responsible for co-developing the technical strategy with the Head of Technology, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Strategy development
- Be working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments as well as the CEO, Head of Technology, and Head of Product to develop company strategy and product strategy.
- Recommend technological developments and improvements in inefficiency.
- 6+ years of experience as VP of engineering
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills in Spanish and English (German and French are a plus!).
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
Salary, benefits & Perks
- 50.000€ to 75.000€ depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience
- Access to Phantom Shares Program.
- 25 holidays days of your election
- Remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO.
- Offices in the very centre of London and Madrid
- International team with colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland and Kenya.
- Access to Health private insurance
- Very friendly and diverse working environment
Our modular approach lets clients use pre-built TOQIO products to easily create personalised applications to power their propositions. We have initially developed 3 products which can be configured to deploy innovative whitelabel Business Finance Applications and change the way business banking is deliverer to their customers;
Digital Banking, the simplest, quickest and most efficient way to deploy a full digital banking proposition to the market
Marketplace: Our customers are able to access a range of pre-integrated technologies and services to deliver a better overall financial experience;
Business Intelligence: Powerful APIs connected to accounting, banking and other financial applications giving us a wealth of SME customer insight, and allow us to automate the delivery of financial products.