TOQIO (toqio.co) enables any business, not just banks, to create game changing, data driven, finance propositions that can be rapidly deployed to their customers where and when they need it.
We are currently looking for an experienced VP of engineering with expertise in the SaaS sector to manage a diverse development team.
As a VP of Engineering you will:
- Take the TOQIO platform vision and business value and translate that into a technical roadmap.
- Be able to communicate project requirements and product expectations clearly and in detail, and provide a clear execution plan.
- Be a leader with a vision for how to build a highly effective engineering organization, to help TOQIO build a world-class engineering team to create a cutting-edge fintech platform.
- Manage engineering Leads, serving as the direct supervisor of the technical staff, leading the team through management and mentorship.
- Contribute to recruitment activities, working on attracting, retaining, and growing top talent.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution.
- Develop the team to ensure quality end products.
- Be responsible for co-developing the technical strategy with the CTO and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Be working in an interdisciplinary manner with their peers in other departments as well as the CEO, CTO, and CPO to develop company strategy and product strategy.
- Recommend technological developments and improvements in inefficiency.
- Need to have a solid foundation in software design
- 6+ years experience as a VP of engineering or similar positions
- Recent experience in SaaS companies and / or B2B Fintech projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a frontend or backend team through cross-functional projects and recording project progress.
- Experience growing teams and scaling an organization.
- Extensive engineering experience with Java Spring, React, microservices.
- Have managed international teams in multiple locations.
Must have skills:
- Strategic problem solver
- Excellent communication skills both in english and spanish and the ability to connect with other engineers and developers
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Ability to design strategies and organize them
- Strong team spirit
Nice to have:
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit or have set your own business
- Knowledge in areas of our business domain (Cards, compliance, digital banking, …)
- Experience training new employees and mentoring them
- Experience having built CRM, ERM or CMS
- TOQIO. People are one of TOQIO’s main assets. We are building a unique best in class team committed to our core values and based in diversity, sustainability and wellbeing.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs, young and talented engineers and PhDs.
- TOQIO’s Founding team; Eduardo Martinez and Michael Galvin are successful entrepreneurs and motivated leaders who have been awarded in different fields. Along with Daniella Lorenzo, Rodrigo Iglesias, Víctor Gil, Arancha Riestra and Jingxuan Xu are leading a talented team full of energy and passion.
- Our core values. TOQIO’s 4Cs are our flagship, we are:
- Curious: Curiosity is the lifeblood of innovation.
- Committed: Shaping TOQIO into a more vibrant place to do business, as well as making our society better.
- Considerate: We’re a diverse and multicultural team that brings many perspectives into our workforce.
- Creative: seeking out of the box thinkers who face challenges head on, and look forward to innovating their way around every obstacle.
- The best place to work. We are working hard to become a great family company.
- Team working: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Equality & Diversity: Promoting equality and diversity, encouraging a multicultural environment.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- The best team. We care the most about our team members.
- Salary proposal for a VP of Engineering: 85.000€ to 105.000€ gross annual base base salary depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience
- Leave Period: 25 holiday days of your election.
- Employee Share Scheme: We want all team members to really feel part of TOQIO.
- Flexibility: Working flexibly in the broadest sense, remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO but also we offer a Flexible Working Policy. We work up 80% of the time remotely.
- Flexible perks package including private health insurance, entertainment, training, mentoring program, gym...
- We are a British company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have central offices in Madrid, London and in the short term we will open a new office in Nairobi.
- Join an international team with over 15 nationalities and colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland, Kenya and India.
- Awards. TOQIO has received several awards and nominations since we launched in 2018:
- Early Metrics TOP 30% International recognition 2019
- Winner of Cuatrecasa Acelera IV 2020
- Lanzadera Growth Phase Startup 2020
- Winner on Corporate Category of Open Finance Appathon 2020 (Open Banking Excellence)
- Finalist Fintech South Summit 2020
- Fintech Third prize Premios Expansión Startup 2020
Our modular approach lets clients use pre-built TOQIO products to easily create personalised applications to power their propositions. We have initially developed 3 products which can be configured to deploy innovative whitelabel Business Finance Applications and change the way business banking is deliverer to their customers;
Digital Banking, the simplest, quickest and most efficient way to deploy a full digital banking proposition to the market
Marketplace: Our customers are able to access a range of pre-integrated technologies and services to deliver a better overall financial experience;
Business Intelligence: Powerful APIs connected to accounting, banking and other financial applications giving us a wealth of SME customer insight, and allow us to automate the delivery of financial products.