A VP Engineering is ideally an excellent manager and a great team builder. He or she will be an excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver. The VP Engineering will preempt and resolve issues that affect Cytora's engineers - ensuring technical delivery.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Recruit, mentor and motivate world-class engineers.
- You promote a culture of high-performance Agile software engineering, continuous improvement and obsession with customer satisfaction.
- You will nurture and cultivate incredibly intelligent junior engineering talent, creating future leaders.
- Lead both operational and strategic engineering topics.
- Help bring new Insurance tech products to market at scale.
-Partner with international sales and deployment teams to drive revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to engineering process improvements.
- You will help improve our technology stack which currently includes: React, Redux, Node.js (Express.js), Python (Django & Flask), Postgres, ElasticSearch, CircleCI, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, DataDog.
What we look for in your profile:
- Leadership capability in a startup engineering environment.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, deliver on commitments and work effectively.
- Leadership Skills & Empathy: Can recruit, train, and manage diverse engineering talent and molding them into a team.
- Examples of having employees best interest at heart, giving them opportunities for growth, and offering them an opportunity to participate in the creation of something larger than themselves.
- Innovation: Is naturally drawn towards big, new ideas, and maintains a natural inclination to support internal innovators.
Cytora is building a new way for commercial insurers to quantify and price risk, underpinned by liquid access to data and machine intelligence. Using the Cytora Risk Engine, insurers can move from a subjective, assumptions based understanding of risk to an empirical and data-driven view. At Cytora, you'll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You'll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance. To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Cytora company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.