What is Taxfix?
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy!
We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns.
This is why we want to provide everyone with a personalized tax accountant at their fingertips. Today, Taxfix allows you to file taxes in 25 minutes, no tax knowledge required, no stress, and no forms. Our App offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. We are a small international team of smart, passionate and hardworking people who value non-bureaucratic processes and open communication.
Read about our financial background here.
We are looking for an passionated, and experienced VP of Engineering to join the product leadership team.
At Taxfix you will:
- Manage a fast growing team of software engineers across four different cross-functional product teams.
- Lead the delivery of our apps and platforms, and drive the application of new technology to achieve scalability and grow.
- Work very closely with our CTO and Product Management team to define product requirements, roadmap and planning.
- Be responsible for the overall technical alignment of all cross-functional teams.
- Make technical decisions that are aligned with the overall product roadmap, as well as, inspiring and contributing to a shared technical vision that embrace the beauty of simplicity in software design.
- Grow a strong team culture that cultivates a collaborative, transparent and inclusive work environment.
- Be a mentor and a good coach to your team, and help them develop and grow.
- Attract and recruit talented engineers, and be involved in employer branding initiatives.
To be a successful VP of Engineering at Taxfix you need:
- Technology background - You must have 8+ years of experience working on software development, and have experience working with mobile and web technologies.
- People leadership - You enjoy working with people, and have a track record for building and leading teams in a motivated and dynamic environment.
- Management skill - You have 2+ years of experience in a management role, responsible for a team of at least 10 members.
- Be result-oriented - You set clear goals and metrics, shape strategies, and align the team on the right path to success.
- You are pragmatic - Have strong positive attitude, and you can overcome challenges with passion and creativity.
You will be a substantial factor for the company success
You will work closely with the founders on a strategic level
You will redefine the way people handle their taxes and revolutionize a huge industry
A competitive salary and stock options
Flexible working hours and a great office location in Berlin
Mac / Apple hardware and standing desks
Regular company events
A strong support for your personal growth and development
Excited about being part of Taxfix? Awesome! We are looking forward to receiving your application.