Descripción de empleo
We're growing fast and we are looking for a VP of engineering to lead all engineering activities needed to ensuring the ABA English business can be run in an effective way.
You have a
reputation for being an excellent communicator and delegator. You
started out as a software developer, and are looking for a position
where you primarily work on big picture issues like product,
architecture, development methodology and culture but still write some
code every week. You love developing the talents of software developers,
system administrators, QA engineers, and scrum masters and are good at
balancing the needs of an organization with the happiness of the members
of your team.
now undergoing an exciting transformation and understand we will only be
the best company if we can attract and retain the best people, and this
is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to spearhead a new
phase of growth for a fast-moving EdTech company.
- Work closely with the CTO to determine and develop the ABA English technical strategy.
- Work closely with the CTO to establish the company’s technical vision.
- Work closely with the CTO to lead all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Drive the creation, launch, operation, and upkeep of innovative software solutions, including smooth replacement of legacy solutions with new ones.
- Be responsible for the deliveries of the organization
- Manage first-line managers (chapter leads) as part of a matrix organization
- Grow the software development team.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and a path for growth within the development team.
- Document clearly technical opportunities, constraints, recommendations, and action items, and effectively communicate this content both verbally and in writing in a way that both technical and non-technical audiences will clearly and easily understand
- Define and implement Agile development processes.
- Drive the creation of meaningful design and technical documents and product roadmaps with an eye on productivity, sustainability, and impact.
- Collaborate cross-functionally.
- Build positive relationships throughout the organization.
- Work with both technical and non-technical members of the organization to help define ongoing and future business and systems requirements and help determine technology-related priorities.
Required skills & experience:
- 5 or more years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or demonstrable grounding in software development fundamentals.
- Deep knowledge of web and mobile application lifecycle management.
- Fluent in at least one high-level programming language
- Ability to distill and communicate complex information.
- Team player, good listener and capable of building strong relationships.
- Proven problem solver and ability to build and lead a successful team
- Solid working knowledge of Agile and Scrum.
- Strong opinions as well as a sense of humor about technology and software development.
- Full and interesting book shelves - both digital and physical.
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Free English and Spanish classes
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
- Working in sunny Barcelona
ABA English Culture:
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we
believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator.
After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office
in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging,
stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business
that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on
the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard week's work with an
inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a
cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you can handle and would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.