The VP of Engineering is in charge of the engineering organization and accountable for getting the product out of the door on time and quality.
His/her job is to make sure the department is a reliable, predictable and productive organization, and to fix the issues that are getting in the way of success.
The ideal candidate is a great manager and a great team builder. He/she will be an excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver.
- Development execution:
- Identify and manage interdependencies between development projects and organizations.
- Track project status, take proactive corrective measures.
- Solve or help solve any issue - whether technical, or people, process, system - that can get in the way of delivery
- Team management:
- Create and maintain a long term plan to grow the engineering organization, through hiring, training and coaching.
- Set appropriate goals for team members and provide regular and constructive feedback.
- Communicate regularly and consistently to the engineering organization.
- Proactive in sourcing the right engineering talent.
- Represents Scytl externally e.g. on industry panels to help project the company as a strong tech hub in Barcelona.
- Identify opportunities to improve department performance.
- Drive necessary structure, process and system changes.
- Resource planning:
- Reconcile strategic, customer and engineering investment priorities with project capacity.
- Understand and track productivity.
- Release management:
- Define release strategy and schedule.
- Plan and drive execution of each release.
- +10 years of experience in software engineering, preferably in a product company.
- Outstanding technical expertise, from the data layer to the user interface.
- Passion for code quality and execution excellence.
- Experience in developing cloud-based applications is a plus.
- Fluency in Agile development methodologies.
- University degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
- Highly accountable; takes ownership and drives sense of urgency.
- Strong leadership skills, which incorporate a highly collaborative yet decisive approach.
- Passion for organizing teams and driving for productivity.
- Great analytical skills, with an enquiring and structured mind.
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident.
- Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Clear, concise communicator, able to inspire and drive consensus.
Scytl is the global leader in secure election management and electronic voting solutions. Specializing in election modernization technologies, Scytl offers the first end-to-end election management and voting platform, providing the highest security and transparency standards currently available.
Scytl has capitalized on its more than 18 years of research to develop election-specific cryptographic security technology protected by more than 40 international patents and patent applications, positioning Scytl as the company with the largest patent portfolio of the industry.
Scytl’s solutions have been successfully used in more than 35 countries throughout the world over the last 10 years, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ecuador, the EU, France, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the UAE, India and Australia. Scytl is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain with strategic offices in Canada, the United States, Peru and Greece as well as field offices in the UK, Ukraine, Australia, Malaysia and Brazil.
For more info, please visit www.scytl.com
- Real purpose: powering democracy.
- Market leading company.
- Talented team with world-class expertise in cryptography.
- International working environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Great office location in the center of Barcelona.
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.