Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to join our team in Barcelona and play a key role in building one of Europe’s top tech organizations. As VP of Engineering, you will guide our Glovo development teams as we triple the team size from 35 to 100. You’ll work closely with senior stakeholders to ensure rapid delivery and platform scalability while influencing product direction through technical insights.
- Lead the team and technical architecture
- Inspire, mentor, manage and grow the engineering team while ensuring effective collaboration
- Shape the technical roadmap
- Collaborate with Product, Design and Data leadership on strategic product decisions
- Spearhead new initiatives within the Engineering team and externally promote Glovo within the local tech community
- Put in place processes and build an environment to ship fast and often without compromising quality
- Deep technical skills and experience in multiple engineering leadership roles
- Strong record of delivering software products in cross-functional agile environments
- Experience managing 50+ people engineering teams (especially through high growth phases)
- Servant leadership mindset
- Degree in CS or Computer Engineering
- Fluent in English
- Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: Fear mediocrity over mistakes. Think big, work hard, be proactive, take smart leaps and lead the way.
Good vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: Always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what.
Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role; help before you’re asked. Learn Glovo A to Z. Figure stuff out on your own. Make sure your shit works!
Raise the bar: You're curious and capable; that's why you're at Glovo. You care deeply about improving your talents and look for opportunities to do so. Then put everything to work to reach your full potential.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
- A generous invitation to our employee phantom shares programs
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free Wednesday lunches from our, yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- Young, international and talented team that, if they don’t become your best friends, they will at least teach you a bunch