Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today, Typeform works on the future of online forms. Powering your brand’s interactions with beautifully designed, professional-looking online forms that people just love. Create forms, surveys, quizzes (and so much more) to grow your audience, improve just about anything, and validate (or invalidate) your best ideas.
The most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information between a brand and its audience. And that exchange usually happens through online forms. We believe that even a utility like online forms should be remarkable. Our customers say they get more answers from their audience and even the occasional compliment. Make every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of over 200 people representing 30 countries. Typeform is backed by fantastic investors – General Atlantic, Index Ventures, Point Nine Capital, RTAventures, and Connect Ventures. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
About the Role
VP of Data and Machine Learning oversees all of Data Science and Machine Learning across the company. You manage a cross-functional team of Data and Machine Learning Engineers, Data Analysts, and Scientists and Market Researchers that provides critical insights to decision-makers in Marketing, Product, Customer Success, and other business functions. In partnership with Product and the Head of R&D, you will develop machine learning models that turn static web forms into dynamic conversational interfaces to elevate the experience of information exchange between consumers and businesses.
You will work with data engineers to further develop a scalable data infrastructure that enables activity tracking, multi-touch attribution, audience profiling, and other analytics. You will also design and develop a world-class machine learning infrastructure and production environment.
You will work with Data Analysts and Scientists to analyze customer behavior and customer journeys and build a multi-touch attribution model. You will partner with marketing to optimize marketing investments and identify optimal communication channels and strategies. You will develop and maintain models to predict engagement, LTV and retention to help product and customer success identify, prioritize and measure the impact of actions that drive customer value. You will operate the Data Science services organization that helps teams make data-driven decisions and that owns and continues to improve our A/B and MVT experimentation practices.
Together with Product and R&D, you will work on the future of data collection and communication between businesses and their customers. Your team will build models that turn our forms into dynamic interfaces that adapt to consumer inputs, provide feedback and offer an experience that resembles interaction with another human.
To be successful across those many areas, you will continuously recruit top talent, coach and grow the existing team and create an environment where data scientists and engineers can thrive.
- Lead, develop, execute and maintain a vision and strategies to drive significant improvement within the Data & Analytics organization.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the entire business to leverage data and analytics to drive dramatic improvement to business and customer outcomes.
- Proactively identify and leverage data-driven insights to optimize existing customer acquisition and retention initiatives and new investments into marketing, customer success, and new product development.
- Drive adoption of data-driven solutions. Operate Data Science services organization to encourage A/B and MVT experimentation across teams and provide insights critical to strategic and daily decisions.
- Build models for tracking and attribution of customers across marketing channels and product interactions.
- Build models for customer segmentation, LTV and churn prediction.
- Develop, continuously update and monitor key operating and user-engagement metrics that help us understand the health and forecast the future of our business.
- Continue developing and refining Typeform’s data infrastructure.
- Leverage market research tools to provide visibility into the needs of our current and future customers, their perceptions of Typeform and competitive products and other key market dynamics.
- Drive further improvement to our workflow for experimenting, developing, and testing new machine learning algorithms.
- Build and grow the team. Be the coach for your direct reports and role-model for the team. Recruit talent and help individuals develop new skills and progress their careers within Typeform.
- You are passionately curious about the customer. You want to understand why and how people think and act the way they do. You want to understand how people take their decisions and what triggers them to take the actions they take. You want to uncover how to change customers minds and behaviors and how Typeform can make a difference in their lives.
- You have demonstrated success uncovering useful insights and sharing them in an engaging form that inspires people to take action.
- You have a servant leadership mindset. You are a trusted leader that coaches and empowers individuals and sets them up for success within the company.
- You are a Driver who is focused on making an impact on the organization and customers every day. You have a pragmatic approach to research and prioritize efficiency and impact over scientific excellence. You can work in an iterative fashion and break large initiatives into small projects that can deliver value to customers early and often.
- You have an advanced degree (Master’s, Ph.D.) in Computer Science with a concentration in Machine Learning or in a related field (Mathematics, Statistics, etc.).
- An inclusive, hands-on leadership style with proven experience leading, motivating, developing, and inspiring a team of analytics professionals. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work with your team to analyze data, build and productionize models.
- You have experience in leveraging best practice advanced analytics, statistics, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to drive business outcomes. You have experience building recommendation systems, Natural Language Processing and/or building predictive models for marketing, such as LTV and retention prediction and using clustering for segmentation.
- You have experience working closely with executive leadership
- You have knowledge of Spark and Java/Python/Scala.
- You have outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills, especially with respect to clearly communicating complex data-driven topics.
- You have a strong business understanding, especially in SaaS.
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.