letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally, with over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users. Named one of Wired’s “Hottest Startups” and among 2016’s “Best Apps” by Google, letgo’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Mashable, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. It’s the only app with artificial intelligence and image recognition that make posting something for sale as simple as taking a photo. Users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Vice President of Data and Business Intelligence is a data expert, key collaborator, and team builder whose mission is to build robust, in-depth qualitative analyses across every sector of letgo, championing best practices for data management and business intelligence processes and data quality standards. Your expertise and leadership will enable your team to develop and improve our data platform, while driving key insights related to performance.
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to do this big, and do it right.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do great work with meaning, surrounded by great people. We work hard to eliminate the negativity that holds back so many other companies. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Define the user lifecycle and BI roadmap, conduct market analysis, and create management reports
- Design and conduct experiments, A/B testing, and market analysis
- Partner with the data science and engineering teams to identify and prioritize critical data collection strategies
- Work with executives to help evolve metrics processes and techniques
- Lead, develop, and grow the data and BI teams
- Drive key insights and develop and deliver on KPIs, as well as create frequent and ad hoc reporting and insights related to team performance
- Deploy an enhanced data warehousing and business intelligence infrastructure
- Maximize the full data lifecycle from concept to delivery and build upon existing data processes and planes to implement a long-term data roadmap
To get there, you’ll need:
- Degree in CS, statistics, or applied mathematics (PhD preferred)
- 10+ years experience in data/e-commerce roles and digital analytics, preferably in mobile apps
- 5+ years experience leading and developing teams
- Strong SQL skills, working knowledge of programming languages (Python, Java, Scala) and relational and columnar databases (MySQL, Redshift, Hive, Cassandra, HBase)
- Experience applying statistical techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking (machine learning, predictive analytics)
- Experience working with big data platforms (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka), application programming languages (Java, Python, Scala, PHP)
- Ability to synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data and communicate relevant insights and recommendations using data visualization
- Deep knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview) and expertise in predictive modelling
- Broad and in-depth understanding of core and emerging analytical methods and approaches, and how they can be deployed to drive value within a digital business
- Strong analytical skills spanning quantitative and qualitative disciplines
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of SOHO and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses