FilledThis offer is not available anymore
This job post marks an exciting leap as we take another step forward in investing in Pleo customers.
Two and a half years ago we built our first client relationship - with one of our first Pleo’ers biking Pleo cards (in Copenhagen’s February rain!) to one of our first customers.
You might say that this is just how startups work and we agree - it is in the beginning. The special thing about us is that we try to keep this extra spark in our way of working with our customers as we’ve grown - even while scaling up to over 5,000 clients over Denmark, the UK, Sweden and Germany.
What really matters to us is our users. This is our main focus when it comes to building a product or assessing how we’re doing. We look at how Pleo-enabled customers succeed in spreading trust to their employees by delegating spending to everyone.
This “increases transparency and trust, a company-wide improvement in culture” - says Stefan who reviewed us on Trustpilot two weeks ago (27 August 2019, take a look: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/pleo.io).
We are so lucky to work with customers like Stefan, and others. They show us love by doing things like sharing unboxing Boomerangs of their cards on LinkedIn posts, or by listing Pleo as a benefit when they Tweet a job ad and the Pleo-benefit that comes with it: https://twitter.com/lewisnyman/status/1171695732929323008
One time, one of our clients was hosting an offsite. When they looked at their past achievements for the quarter, they put Pleo on the screen and people actually stood up to clap. That gives us goosebumps, and reminds us of our mission to keep the human-feel to customers through scale.
We do this through the CS umbrella which has three different focus areas: customer onboarding helps sales-closed clients onboard to the product, customer nurturing looks after existing accounts, and support comes in for questions on the go. Every day, these teams do their best to put the customer first.
Our teams are still being built up per function, but they’re filled with talented and ambitious people. The person we find for this role needs to be an aspirational leader that will inspire and help this team to live up to their potential.
One of our own wrote this in June 19 on Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Pleo-RVW27673549.htm) “There are no egos here at Pleo and when a Pleo employee tells you how much they love their job, it's not lip service, they mean it.”
To stay accountable to both our customers and our CS team, we’re looking for someone who has been an instrumental and leading part of a CS growth journey before and has proven being capable to scale a CS team tremendously both on the customer nurturing and commercial side.
The growth that we are facing right now brings forward challenges that we want to solve strategically and holistically. Sounds cryptic?
Let’s shed some light on that!
So far we’ve followed the typical path with our sales team looking after the clients that they bring to Pleo. Through scale, we’ve seen that the personal touch has become more and more difficult, and we built out our CS teams to give some more attention to our current client base.
We’re moving onto the next stage where nurturing will help current clients to optimise their use of Pleo, and we’ll focus on upselling, cross-selling, and retention to do that.
After all, we believe in companies that want to change the way we work as companies today. What we’ve noticed is that companies who use Pleo do. They trust their employees to spend responsibly. And it’s this belief, this motivation to make sure that our customers succeed that helps our own business to succeed.
And with all of this comes the need for someone to tie it all together: the VP of Customer Success. This is not a role for the faint-hearted! You will lead a team of 20+ professionals to achieve business objectives and exceed customer expectations and we expect this part of the organisation to grow rapidly. This role reports to our CEO and is part of the senior leadership team.
The role requires a strong vision to drive the evolution of our customer success journey and scale it on healthy grounds. Saying that, if you’re not a VP yet don’t turn away. We’re looking for someone who has the potential of a VP, and can take this team to new levels.
If you’re sitting with a leading senior role from a SaaS scale-up, this could likely be you.
You’d be leading the team underneath the entire CS umbrella. This team is looking for an optimistic and visionary leader who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile to create a delightful customer and employee experiences. We need someone who has strong leadership potential and has been actively involved in scaling a team, department, or even a company. We're also looking at someone with international experience who has proven that they can work successfully across countries, cultures, and languages.
This role is interdisciplinary and so we are looking for a person who has a diverse background and can wear many hats. Ideally you have worked as well in a commercial-centric and a client-success-centric role and you love to combine those together and create a great recipe for succeeding in this position. It is crucial to us that you have experience from a scale-up business which shows that you can deal with high complexity and a fast-paced environment.
This is a transition period for the team - that is why it is required that you bring experience in developing and implementing new processes, both operational and technical. This is necessary as this team is heading towards being a lot more data and KPI driven with a focus on automation flows, while scaling it on the commercial side.
This needs to be achieved while not compromising on what we’ve built so far and keeping a customer-centric mindset while we're at it. Therefore you should be thrilled to use your past acquired best practices to set the right KPIs and drive a performance culture, while keeping the right balance between supporting our customers and driving revenue.
This person also needs to be motivated to develop people and a firm believer that with the right team anything is possible. We're looking for someone who brings a humble and hands-on attitude while bringing our customer success team to the next level.
If this is you, join us.
The nitty gritty skills needed
- Optimistic, hands on and humble leadership
- Prior experience of leading a team and the competency to scale this team further
- Proven success in developing and promoting people from within, and delegating responsibilities accordingly
- Past operational experience from CS or sales in the SaaS- or fintech industry is required
- Experience of working in a fast-paced scale up environment
- Proven track record of working with all parts of the CS cycle (Onboarding, Support, Nurture, Growth, Retention)
- Proven experience in scaling a CS team
- Strategic business acumen and ability to drive economies of scale, while possessing a customer-first mindset
- Setting team vision, strategy, initiatives and targets
- Experience with building the right tooling architecture to support scalability
- Data-driven decision making
You think that
- You need a good mix of operational and strategic thinking here: and can (and happily will) switch between either when needed to succeed in this role
- Scaling a CS team in tech requires a safe environment in which people have the freedom to learn and grow
- Working smarter is better than working harder
- You are a strong listener and that you listen to understand, not necessarily to respond
- Believe that over-communication is the new normal and key to success
Your colleagues say you
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Speak English fluently
- Give great, constructive feedback
- Don't mind getting your hands dirty
- Always get things done
- Worked in a tech scale-up before
- Are solution - rather than problem - oriented
- Think out of the box and come up with innovative ideas
- Care not only about your own team but also about the overall atmosphere around you
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says you
- Have an eye for detail - to a fault
- Put others before yourself
- Have always been confident, but mindful of how your actions affect others
- Really care about people, and do whatever you can to help them succeed
- Can get people bought into your vision
- Always ask why
- Probably work in IT (moms)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- The position would be located either in our HQ in Copenhagen or in our office in London but you have the...
- Ability to work remotely at times (anywhere between east coast of the Americas to European timezones)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was Berlin in June this year, including a drag queen show (we went authentic-Berlin)
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote set up possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Sometimes, people write nice things about us
Pleo company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.